DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ferrari Diecast Collector
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just thought i'd show you pics of my mod that I did on the Bburago F40.

I just painted a black line along the body, painted the front air intake black too and took off that ugly Ferrari badge in the rear. I moved the number plate to its correct position and im going to stick a photoetched Ferrari badge below the spoiler.

Its amazing what a little paint can do to it. I think I might paint the window frames black too along with the dash and the interior and maybe some bits of the engine.

Soz for the low res pics I have no digicam, I just used my webcam.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Good work fastandryan. I had done the exact same thing in "painting" in the line around my Bburago F50. I used a black permanent marker and it turned out great.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Looks good. I did the same to a couple of Bburago F40's and they look SO much better. I highly recommend doing the window frames as well as painting the interior black. I did a similar job on a Bburago 288 GTO and added F40 wheels. These 2 cars are some of my favourite models.

Peter

·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres the finished product:

Again poor images, i'm sorry.

What i've done:-

1. Painted the entire interior, including the handbrake and cassette tray, except the dash.
2. Painted right back from the interior so the rear suspension is painted also.
3. Painted the rear view mirrors.
4. Painted the exterior window frames.
5. Painted the inner section of the side doors.
6. Painted the black carbon fibre section on the seats.
7. Added the Ferrari badge to the rear. (btw its straighter than it appears).

G

·
Well Im just blown away by this model and all the custom touches

:OT does anybodey know where I can get a left hand front turn signal for my Ferarri F50 by Maisto

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I like the work you have done Fast Ryan. A few years ago I detailed Bburago F40 and a GTO. They definitly look much better afterwards. Below are two picts of an F40 Targa top I did and a pict of the interior of a standard F40 the I detailed. The main work on the interior was to paint the dash and floor black and to put carbon fibre decals on the door sill and seat backs. I did have a lot of other photos but I have either deleted them or can't find them at the moment! Let me know if you want me to take some more picts for you. I also have a list of all the things I did to the F40 and GTO that includes the differences between the models and their 1:1 versions.

Peter

·
357 Posts
Nice where'd you get the carbon fibre decals, some pics of the standard detailed F40 would be nice? I said my F40 was complete lol, but i've been detailing the engine and tire boot. I don't intend to paint my dash any colour, im just leaving it grey as it should be. I'll show some screenies when i'm done if anyones interested.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts