DiecastXchange Forum banner

BEAUTIES IN THE DARK: 1/18 Dennis F8 Fire Truck "City of Leeds" by Original Classics (08.01.2024)

168K views 1K replies 74 participants last post by  Craig 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

During the last couple of months there have been some spin-offs from my "BEAUTIES IN THE DARK" topic in the "DX Classic / Vintage" sub-group and I have started to do some daylight shootings too. This means that my footprint in the forum is becoming more and more fragmented - so I got the idea to consolidate my pictures in a member showcase.

To give it a start I will summarize what I shared since end of last year adding text, pictures and links here step by step.

Stay tuned...

Thanks a lot for your warm comments!!

The next 2 models are very special ones to me.
Bburago Ferrari F40 - my very first 1/18 (acquired on a holiday trip to Italy more than 25y ago)...

...and CMC Mercedes Benz W196R Streamliner - the model that introduced me to the hobby:

Again, more picture in my "BEAUTIES IN THE DARK" https://www.diecastx...-2in1-25072018/

Very Lovely Professional looking photography!!
...I truly need access to the photography area at my old college. Seeing images like this I'd love to go back to school and take a photography class.
Thank you so much friends!

Fair to say that it's not too difficult to get good photos of the 250 GTO because of the outstanding beauty of the car...

@David: You do not neccessarily need a professional studio to create this kind of pictures - great part of the pics is created by the help Photoshop.
If you're interested how simple the setup is where the Uhlenhaut and GTO pictures have been taken you can have a brief look (admittedly I meanwhile improved my setup a little bit but it still is very basic.)
https://www.diecastx...82#entry4037282

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thanks Pete, your kind comments are much appreciated!!

I really love the 917K and the „Porsche Salzburg" livery perfect fits the curvy lines of this iconic racer - congrats to this great add!!

Next one is another Porsche Le Mans winner - the 911 GT1 1998.

This 15 years old piece of old school diecast by Maisto really impresses me
and surprisingly it still can be found in as new condition for about 30-50 Euros. I just couldn't resist and spontaneously pulled the trigger...
Of course the inner details like engine bay are quite cheap but the overall shape and stance is almost perfect (maybe I will have to lower it a little bit), the paint is pretty good and there are no decals all - everything tampon printed. WOW - well done Maisto!!!

I have models that are priced more than 10 times higher but in terms of value for the money this one is hard to beat.

More pictures in my thread: https://www.diecastx...1998-by-maisto/

Back when some of the best, most detailed road racing diecast models were being produced by Maisto. These, along with their BMW LMR's, Audi LM's, and a variety of DTM's represent a high water mark in "budget" diecast.

Nicely photographed! Lifting off the rear engine cover reveals even more detail, as well as opening the doors.
Thank you friends!!

We continue with another Porsche Le Mans winner - the 919 Hybrid 2015 by Spark.
As far as I'm aware the only 1/18 diecast of the 919 in the market. Unfortunately sealed but at least Spark got the look and stance of the model right:

The next model is a very special one for me:

Ages ago when I was a little boy I used to play with Match Box cars (like most probably many of you). Amongst those Match Box cars there was a special one:
It was metallic red, had a very streamlined, elegant shape and it was faster than the others - a Porsche 910. And I really loved it!
Unfortunately the model has been lost through the decades but you can easily find many pictures of it on eBay.

As said this was far back in time and I had completely forgotten about this Porsche until I accidentially became aware that one of Exoto's older releases was a 910. And yes, they had produced a version in (almost) plain metallic red...

More pics: https://www.diecastx...18/page__st__25