DiecastXchange Forum banner
201 - 220 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Thanks a lot friends!!

Didn't have the time to do a seroius shooting with my new Esders Roadster yet. But I was very keen to see how it peforms in my usual photo set-up. So I quickly did this fun picture as a test and thought it was worth sharing...

The green Bugatti is

the other green monster... is that the Loch Ness monster?
Cheers Jazzy!! You take the jackpot as you correctly identified Nessie!!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
For quite a while I was trying to convince myself that I do not need the #722 because I have the Uhlenhaut Coupé. But it didn't work very well and from time to time I found myself thinking of the #722. When in September last year I occasionally found a store offering the model for a sensational price I couldn't resist any longer. I knew I had to pull the trigger or would regret for rest of my life. Finally I'm very happy I did!

This model is for me a bit of returning to where it all began: 12 years ago it was CMC's W196R which attracted my attention at the museum shop in Stuttgart and started me collecting 1/18 diecast models.

Enjoy the pics:

More pics: https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/219346-classic-beauties-in-the-dark-unbeaten-26012019/page__pid__4175141__st__100#entry4175141

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think I need to spend some money on a camera! Great photos, imagine how much easier it would be sell some of our collection using these kind of photos. (That is when we have to part with them)

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I think I need to spend some money on a camera! Great photos, imagine how much easier it would be sell some of our collection using these kind of photos. (That is when we have to part with them)
Thanks a lot Dennis!!
A decent camera & lens together with a tripod is indeed precondition for good results. But w.r.t. pictures I use to present here this is only half of the way. Pretty much of the final picture's appearance is achieved by manually processing and improving the photos with a good software (Photoshop in my case). Unfortunately this steps tends to be quite time consuming.

Just to give you an impression: This is how the 3rd pic looked like when it came right out of my camera:

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Woow amazing
I'll go to Mercedes Museum(Stuttgart) in February 14th, maybe i ll buy some models but I don't know about prices.Are the prices appropriate in the museum or webshop?
Thank you!

Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart is a great place - you will enjoy, Mertcan!
The museumshop is nice too - w.r.t. prices you can most probably find better offers in the web.
On the other hand taking a model from the museumshop always is a nice souvenir...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Time consuming as it may be, looks like time well spent. They look really good.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The tiny Mercedes 300 SL may look like the 300 SLR's little brother but in fact it was its predecessor - so it is more like the father of the mighty 300 SLR. With the 300 SL MB's famous chief engineer Rudolph Uhlenhaut introduced the tube frame that later formed the base of the W196 race cars. There is the legend that Uhlenhaut developed this frame working with some wires at his ktichen table at home. I'm not sure whether this is true but I really like this story...

Although not very powerful the 300 SL was extremely successful as a race car (winning the Carrera Panamericana & the 24h of Le Mans) and marked the return of Mercedes to motorsports after the WW2 break.

The model of the 300 SL #4 by CMC is a re-release of one of their oldest models and this little guy is extremely heavy. The livery shows the winning car of the 1952 Carrera Panamericana (driven by Karl Kling) with the famous metal bars at the front screen. The latter have been installed during the race after an accident with a volture which punctured the windscreen (sic!).

Enjoy the pics:

More pics: https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/topic/219346-classic-beauties-in-the-dark-cmc-mercedes-benz-300-sl-4-03022019/page__pid__4176855__st__100#entry4176855

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
That makes a nice trio with the Uhlenhaut and #722, I may have asked you before but do you display your models?
Indeed, these 3 would display very well together, Simon!

And the 4th musketeer should be the W196R streamliner...
The MB museum in Stuttgart has a dedicated racing section where they show the 300 SL #4, the 300 SLR #722 and the W196R #18 next to each other. (The Uhlenhaut Coupé is shown at a separate place.)

To your question:
I only have an acrylic display case for one single model because there isn't more space avaible for the time being. So I use to have one model displayed for some weeks then it gets boxed again and is exchanged against the next one...

201 - 220 of 1145 Posts