DiecastXchange Forum banner
761 - 780 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Great photos as always!
Those 1/64's are popular, MR is also starting to produce them.
Thank you, Sir!!

1/64 really are fun and indeed they are becoming more and more popular - here on DX 1/64 still seems a bit underrepresented.

It is quite impressive to see how much can be achieved in this tiny scale in case manufacturers engage seriously instead of just producing toy cars to play with...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Great photos as always!
Thank you, Sir!!

1/64 really are fun and indeed they are becoming more and more popular - here on DX 1/64 still seems a bit underrepresented.

It is quite impressive to see how much can be achieved in this tiny scale in case manufacturers engage seriously instead of just producing toy cars to play with...
[/quote]Yes that's true. Even 1/43 is underrated here. Maybe in the future this will change.
The details on those tiny models are pretty good.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
Great photos as always!
Thank you, Sir!!

[/quote]Yes that's true. Even 1/43 is underrated here. Maybe in the future this will change.
The details on those tiny models are pretty good.

[/quote]
I'll keep on trying to convince people here on DX that 1/64 is highly enjoyable...

From time to time I like to play around with PS filters - "Comic" being my favourite...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Really nice Dirk!, nicely caught in the lens. This car is beyond lovely, as my interest in 30's cars widens..would love to have this one.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I think this is one of the most beautiful and famous cars of the interwar period, a true example of the influence of the Art Deco movement in the design of 1930s cars. Lovely
Thanks Cristi!

That's very true - thanks to the influence of the Art Deco on car design in the 1930s some of the most beautiful cars ever have been built in this period.
The "Teardrop" is a perfect example as well as some Bugattis and Delahayes and...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
It seems that so far Porsche is a bit under-represented here in my member thread.
Time to adjust - this month I will present SOLELY PORSCHE pictures here…

We start with the „mother of all super cars": The Porsche 959 - simply a must have for any collector.

In 1/18 scale there are 2 opening diecasts available: An older model Exoto/Motorbox/Revell and a newer release by AUTOart.
IMO both have a good overall look and stance while AUTOart is obviously the better choice in terms of engine details and interior.

Nevertheless I finally went with Exoto and there is a special reason for that:
Besides „standard" colours (red, white, silver, black) Exoto/Motorbox also released versions in more exotic colours "Catalunya Splash" and „Palisander". Palisander is a dark metallic brown and the rims of the model are in the same colour - just irresistible for me.

Enjoy the pics:

761 - 780 of 1145 Posts