DiecastXchange Forum banner
781 - 800 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Nice photos, I really like that backdrop as well! Did you use your telephoto lens for those shots? I love the aggressive stance on the last two photos!

The 959 by Motorbox looks good for its age, I shuld think of getting one in black.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]this month I will present SOLELY PORSCHE pictures here[/font]
Oh, something to look forward to!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #782 ·
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]this month I will present SOLELY PORSCHE pictures here[/font]
Oh, something to look forward to!

[/quote]
Thanks, bro!!

Background and baseplate are new - I got an adhesive film with a concrete structure on it and applied it to some older plate I had...
You're right: The agrressive look is achieved by use of a strong tele lens (400mm).

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #784 ·
The color is special, very nice. I think that is the same shade Autoart used on Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0
Thank you, Sir!!

It's a dark shade of brown - darker than the HWE Lusso „McQueen".
Have to admit that I have a soft spot for cars with rims in same colour as the body...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
If you ask me "what is your favourite Porsche?" I would'nt need a second to think - my answer is clear: The 930.
Mother of all 911 Turbos and kind of pre-supercar of the 1970s - just legendary, iconic and such a beautiful beast!

AUTOart has released a very nice model in some attractive colours but unfortunately prices quoted nowadays are just insane.
So I went for the Wangan Midnight Black Bird edition which benefits from a subtle tuning and I am really happy with this decision:
Very nice wheels together with a lowered ride give this model a breath-taking presence on the shelf.

Enjoy the piccs:

Thanks for watching and stay safe...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #790 ·
Very nice model this "Black Bird" Porsche. Love the stance, the wheels and even the slight camber is there. AUTOart will be re-releasing this one so prices should come back on earth... well somehow.
Thanks Arnage!

It seems AUTOart did everything right with this model
- no surprise that they plan a re-release...

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #797 ·
Dirk those images are sublime!
I have this model and never really did more than inspect it. Your images sell it a 1,000,000 times over
Gorgeous!
Thank you so much, friends!!!

I had several attempts with black car & black background in the past - all not bad but never really satisfying.
With this model I simply needed to do another try and now the pictures came as I wanted them to be.

So what made the difference this time?
The answer is so simple and obvious that I really should have found out much earlier: MUCH MORE LIGHT!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
To every rule there is an exemption.

I wanted to share solely Porsche pics this month but the next one is Ferrari.
Why?

Because it visualizes the exemption to another rule - my rule of collecting "only one model per car".
All the years I have been following this rule main reason being my very limited storage space (of course it was beneficial for my wallet too).

And I never felt that I am missing something becasue of this rule. Why should I need several models of the same car?

However this month I spontaneously bought the CMR Bartoletti Ferrari transporter and had the idea in mind to fill the transporter with a load of 3 Ferrari sharknose.
So having had all the time one model of this beautiful F1 racer from 1961 I now grabbed additional two.
And now I realize that those 3 together display amazingly well!

For the time being I have them displayed vertically in a shelf in our living room (removed the acrylic cases for the photo to avoid any reflection) - hope you like it:

781 - 800 of 1145 Posts