DiecastXchange Forum banner
801 - 820 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 ·
You and I have the same rule. I broke it for Ford GT40's, Ford Sierra Cosworth, and Porsche 911s.

Those shark noses are a good exception to the rule. Very worthy.
Cheers Jon!!

So far I am quite happy with my lack of discipline - nevertheless the one model rule will still be in place for my future collecting...

BTW: The GT40s are a very good reason to skip this rule too!
Must be impressive to have a GT40 parade!!!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
The last entry of my "Porsche Month" is something completely different:
The 911 GT3 R in the gorgeous "all blacks" livery of the 2019 winner at Mount Panorama.

BTW: Amazing story about this victory tand how was achieved only within the last few laps of 12h by a combination of luck and a very cool driving performance of 19 year old Australian driver Matt Campbell!!!

For Porsche this victory was quite important because it was their very first win at Bathurst.

This 1/18 model is a sealed resin - well-made by Spark.
You might know that I strongly prefer opening diecast models but in this case there is no alternative available.
So as I really love this livery I had to accept resin...

Enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I watched that entire race live. One of the most exhilarating races I've ever seen. Matty Campbell wheeling that beautiful Porsche around Mount Panarama for the win was something I'll never forget as he battled the Aston and Mercedes. What a race and that livery may be my favorite of all time. Earl Bamber Racing knocked it out of the park with that design and Spark did an outstanding job recreating it.

As always some excellent photography capturing it Dirk.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
My next model represents one of the most famous cnocept cars ever - the Ferrari 512S Modulo.
Back in 1970 Enzo handed a 512S chassis over to Pininfarina where this unique wedge-shaped design was created.
The resulting Modulo got very much attention and no less than 22(!) design awards. However Ferrari did never take this car to production.
2014 James Glickenhaus bought the car from Pinifarina and it was fully restored.

The model in 1/18 scale presented here is a nice resin by TopMarques - sealed of course (what a great pity with this amazing canopy!).

Enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Ferrari 512S Modulo
That is a very other-worldly design, I can't help but to think "Star Wars" when I look at it!

I used to love concept cars when I was a kid. I remember always looking on car magazines of that time, they often had photos and articles on those wedge-shaped, futuristic looking cool cars. "This is what the car of the future will look like" was the usual headline.

Congrats on owning that fine model! Also beautiful and crisp photos as always!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
It's amazing when you see these older concepts of what designers thought the direction of car designs would go. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much gentlemen!!

It is indeed a very exceptional design and can remind some people of Star Wars.
But actually it is probably the other way round:
Pininfarina created this car in 1970 - 7 years before the first Star Wars movie was released.
==> Maybe Italian design art has had an influence on Star Wars... (?)

·
Premium Member
13,851 Posts
Two of my most wanted models right now. The All Black livery is iconic, and it is a winner. I'd love to have one of these.

And the Mudulo is one of the best looking cars ever. Not sure why I didn't pick one up, but I regret not getting one.

Absolutely great additions. And proper good photos.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #817 ·
Two of my most wanted models right now. The All Black livery is iconic, and it is a winner. I'd love to have one of these.

And the Mudulo is one of the best looking cars ever. Not sure why I didn't pick one up, but I regret not getting one.

Absolutely great additions. And proper good photos.
Thank you, Sir!

I missed the All Blacks Porsche too - it seems they sold out quickly.
But half a year ago I had the chance to get a mint one for only moderately elavated price.
As a bonus it came signed by all three Bathurst driver - signed on the box and not on the model (I am no fan of signing directly on the model).

To the Modulo:
One of my absolute favourite designs, a class of it's own!

However for me it MUST have an opening canopy. Initially I had the idea to cut the model and build a working canopy.
But I had to realize that this would be far beyond my modding skills and I didn't want to destroy the model.
At the end I let it go and hope so much that some day there will an opening Modulo in 1/18...

801 - 820 of 1145 Posts