DiecastXchange Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1145 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,123 · (Edited)
I try to avoid sealed models but this Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT resin model was just irresistible for me.
Only one sample of this concept car was built by MB and it had a prominent appearance as Mr. Wayne's private car in the Batman movie "Justice League".
The model maker is HRN-Model (never heard of them before).
This model has an incredible presence on the shelf and it was pure fun to have it in a photo shooting with various backgrounds.

Enjoy the pics:

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
It's a F A N T A S T I C model! As you 've already realized it's a little bit lighter as it seemed at first sight but the quality of resin and design is great! I didn't know about HRN either, but it seems very good for the money paid (exclude taxes etc.) After seen the quality of this model i'm seriously thinking of buying the concept Lincoln Futura of the same company.
Now as far as your photos, especially for this model (titanium grey) i'm fundamentally against any other background than black! Blue is not so bad, but the last two pictures are just great!
Congrats for your purchase! (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,127 · (Edited)
It's a F A N T A S T I C model! As you 've already realized it's a little bit lighter as it seemed at first sight but the quality of resin and design is great! I didn't know about HRN either, but it seems very good for the money paid (exclude taxes etc.) After seen the quality of this model i'm seriously thinking of buying the concept Lincoln Futura of the same company.
Now as far as your photos, especially for this model (titanium grey) i'm fundamentally against any other background than black! Blue is not so bad, but the last two pictures are just great!
Congrats for your purchase! (y) (y) (y)
Love it Dirk your last review!
It's probably one of the most beautiful concept car that I've seen in the last years, very good add!
Yes, this concept car is absolutely gorgeous. The model seems a very good one from HRN-Model, whoever they are :D Great photos, but those with blue background are my favorites.
Thanks a lot, Gents - much appreciated!!

It's truly a gorgeous model and I didn't regret at al to have invested in a sealed resin.
This will be a rare exemption for me of course but I have already a second one which has an equally amazing presence - more to come...

As for the different backgrounds:
Personally I like all 3 and would have a problem to say which is my favourite.
But I am always fascinated how different preferences are amongst different people.
Your comments here again proof that tastes are different and it's a good thing they are!

@Marios: Instead of a sealed Lincoln Futura you might consider the 60s Batmobile - there's a very nice model by HWE...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,128 ·
Just noticed that my thread passed the 100k views mark - awesome!
THANKS A LOT - TO OUR DXERS BUT ESPECIALLY TO ALL THE VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE DX!!!

To celebrate this occasion just a fun picture - the background has no connnection to the car but I thought it kind of looks cool toghether:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Although that background has nothing to do with the car, it is blended in well; and in another way I think the background goes very well with that car.

Reactions: vulpex

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,131 · (Edited)
As mentioned before I am not a fan of sealed resins but sometimes they are the only available alternative.
In case the car looks really fascinating and the model has the right presence on the shelf I allow myself for an exeption of the no-resin rule.

The AMG Vision GT by HRN models is such kind of an exemption and it encoruaged me to get me a second resin MB concept car in 1/18 scale: Mercedes-Maybach Vision 6 Coupe by SCHUCO.
In for a penny in for a pound I guess... ;)

I had the chance to see the 1:1 in real life 5 years ago when I was visiting the MB Museum in Stuttgart.
This car has such an impressive presence - hard to describe and hard to catch in a photo:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

It is a purely electric powered concept car and is incredibly long: With a length of 5.70m (!) it can easily compete with some of the largest US land yachts...

Enjoy the pics:

To visualize the sheer size of this car I did a pair shot with an Aventador SV (and we all know that the Aventador is all but small...):

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,135 · (Edited)
2 day ago I received my long awaited custom MB Aerotrailer by MNTrailers to go with my repainted NZG Actros Gigaspace tractor truck.
The trailer itself is 92cm long and the complete transporter is about 110cm - truly impressive and a stunner for sure!
It's an amazing piece of art with many funtional features (all metal hand built by Mihail Neagu from MNTrailers).

Now find myself left with some challenges:
1) Source a oversized display case (already ordered).
2) Source an appropriate box for storing (the transport box it came with is not optimal).
3) Build a setup for a decent photo session (my usual plates for base and background are 70cm max only...) ;)

Until issue #3 has been solved I have only 2 quick iPhone pictures as a sneak preview:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,137 ·
WHAT A BEAST!!!! I really want to see the Streamliner or the 300SL or even the visionGT next to it!!!!
Thanks Marios!!

This was designed as the kind of transporter that I imagine MB Museum would use to ship some of it's precious oldtimers to a classic event.
So lots of display options with all my CMC classic Mercedes models...

1121 - 1140 of 1145 Posts