DiecastXchange Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1130 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,101 ·
Moving on to the famous Blue Birds (father and son Campbell):
Blue Bird (Malcom Campbell Bonneville 03.09.1935, 301 mph):

and Bluebird CN7 (Donald Campbell, Lake Eyre 17.07.1964, 403mph - powered by a jet-engine but still wheel-driven):

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,105 ·
Way better result than red in red. Imo of course! Great model! I have it in black/red and it's impressive!
Wow, such striking images! I really love that, even more than the red on red! :love:(y)
Thanks a lot, friends, I am glad you like it!!
Still playing around with the background of the first two - more to come...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,108 · (Edited)
What a monstrous concept! Love it. Blue background looks great (y)
Love the blue on blue, awesome model and great photography. And those Blue Bird - so cool, are they 1/18?
Thank you, gents - much appreciated!

@baonguyen77: Both Blue Birds are 1/43 like all my LSR models.
Last year I decided to build up a little collection of the most fascinating LSR cars.
I chose to go for 1/43 scale because
(a) there is much more available in the market compared to 1/18
(b) most LSR vehicles are really huge (imagine a 1/18 model of the Thrust SSC being almost 90cm long…)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ah I got post 1,112. Really nice Dirk, the backgrounds are faded enough to stay in the background; and the composition works really well with the car.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,113 ·
Ah I got post 1,112. Really nice Dirk, the backgrounds are faded enough to stay in the background; and the composition works really well with the car.
Thanks for your kind comments, William!
It was fun to play around with different backgrounds and clearly not everything worked out as intended. I think the pictures are improved compared to plain blue but of course these special backgrounds here are only appropriate for this car.
However it seems to me that the concept in general works and I will certainly further explore…

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,117 · (Edited)
Man, how cool is that - I love it! How long does it take you for editing?
Thanks, Bao - I am glad you like it!
You might be surprised that it takes no longer than a couple of minutes to create such pictures. Photoshop offers a special filter called „glowing edges“ and this filter does the trick. You only have to try and play a bit with the adjustable parameters (like thickness of the lines) and that’s it - amazingly easy… ;-)
Interesting, but sorry Dirk, that’s probably my least favorite filter you’ve used. Haha
Thanks, Jon - no prob!
The most interesting thing to me is how different people see and like things:
Having Bao‘s comment next to yours nicely shows that personal preferences/tastes are really diverse. And thank god they are…

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,118 · (Edited)
I am not seriously in concept cars but there are some modern ones I really like (yes: including the Bugatti Vision GT).

Sadly the Lamborghini Terzo Millennio is kind of a problem for 1/18 collectors:
There has only been a very expensive sealed resin model by MR which is meanwhile quoted around 1,000€ if one pops up at all.
Not an option for me.

Being still hooked by the design of this concept I went with the very cheap 1/24 by Bburago - you can get these for around 15€(!).
Of course you can't expect too much for this price but it's a decent little diecast and has even opening gullwing doors (doors are plastic).
At least good enough for some photo shooting fun...

Enjoy the pics:

Bburago also did a vipergreen version. Fantasy livery I guess - but nice to see and irresistable for me at this price.
Giving me also the opportunity do do more experiments with same colour backgrounds. ;)

Finally a pair shot:

1101 - 1120 of 1130 Posts