DiecastXchange Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1058 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Fantastic pictures again, I really like the light setup to make the beautiful lines of the car come alive! Now you make me want to experiment with my models, inspirational photography, congrats,

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,023 ·
Fantastic pictures again, I really like the light setup to make the beautiful lines of the car come alive! Now you make me want to experiment with my models, inspirational photography, congrats,
Wow - this is a huge compliment!! Thank you Sir!
Looking very much forward to see low-light images of your modern beauties!!
(As you know I am more in classic car models...)

SetUp-wise these picture are all generated in my improvised "studio" with TV-screen lighting:

(Meanwhile I am using black plates instead of this black fabric.)

But as you can see from the above Aventador pictures - quite a lot of this effect is created with PS editing.
The so-called "levels" tool is extremely helpful here because it allows to easily control the contrast:
You can separately blacken dark areas or further brighten bright areas...

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,032 ·
Thanks for joining me on my journey into darkness!
It's time now for some more brightness.
(But at a later stage we will return to the low light topic of course...)

My next model is the Porsche 550 Spyder by SCHUCO - enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
606 Posts
A treat of pics vulpex. The pics of the Ferrari 250 are mind blowing, the 550 spyder pics are equally bright as well :) your setup makes me to try one with my TV also.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
Thank you so much for your kind comments, Channa!!
It‘s always nice to get positive feedback and I am glad you like the pictures… :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great photos, especially that lighting and positioning. I also have this refined DB5 by AutoArt. Despite criticisms of its shape and spoke rims, it is still probably my favourite model in my own collection.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,037 ·
Great photos, especially that lighting and positioning. I also have this refined DB5 by AutoArt. Despite criticisms of its shape and spoke rims, it is still probably my favourite model in my own collection.
Thank you, Sir!!
W.r.t. the spoke wheels of the model: It's true - they do not fully convince in the photos.
Don't know why but to me it seems in real life they do look much better.
Last but not least there is some kind of cool 007 element with this silver DB5...

1021 - 1040 of 1058 Posts