DiecastXchange Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
While the suject is not really my thing, I have to say your pictures are very impressive (understatement of the year) and made to be so realistic with the choice of backdrop! Very amazing! :p (y) 📸

I wouldn't be at all susprised if that second picture wins POTY (hopefully you'll enter it on the next POTM).
Thank you, Sir!!
Much appreciated - that’s quite a big compliment!!

I really enjoyed doing these small mods and working on the pictures.
My personal favourite out of these 4 is the last one - because of the lively action element…

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #985 · (Edited)
What an absolute stunner!! I do love a TSM 935! and the apple computer livery really stands out. Great stuff!:love::love::love::love:
The 935 looks stunning in white. I need to get the Martini version but as always TSM doesn't bring them out. So had to get the black version with number 0.

Great set of pics as always vulpex😃
Many thanks, gentlemen - much appreciated!!
@channabasanna:
I've also been waiting for a TSM Martini 935 for quite a while but meanwhile Apple Computer is my favourite...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Porsche 935 - part II:

I also had the Exoto Hawaiian Tropic #70 (2nd Le Mans 1979, driven by Paul Newman).
Sadly it had the usual Exoto paint rash problem so it had to leave my collection.
But before I let it go I couldn't resist doing some pair shots.

The very same car - raced with 2 completely different liveries by Dick Barbour Racing at 2 consecutive years at the 24h of Le Mans!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 · (Edited)
Back in the late 90s Richard Noble and the ThrustSSC team had one serious competitor in the battle for the world's first supersonic land speed record - American LSR veteran Craig Breedlove and his "Spirit of America Sonic Arrow".

Side remark: You might argue that both are rather jets with wheels than cars and I have much sympathy for such statement. Nevertheless the story of this race for supersonic land speed is really fascinating and so are these two vehicles.

It seems that the Breedlove's project was not nearly as professional and scientific under way as Noble and the Thrust SSC team tackled the challenge. So it doesn't surprise that the Spirit of America faced many technical problems and bad luck too. At the end it never reached supersonic speed... :-(

However compared the ThrustSSC the Spirit of America looks quite cool and much more sciencefiction-like - just as one would imagine a supersonic vehicle.

While for the ThrustSSC it is almost impossible to get hands on a 1/43 model (there was one by Spark but it is rare like a unicorn) there is a nice diecast model of the Spirit of America Sonic Arrow by Scaleworks. It can still be found for small money and I couldn't resist getting one for less than 30 Euros.

Enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·
Thank you, Sir!
Have never seen this Fireball XL5 and had to google it.
I see what you are referring to: Especially the rear part of the vehicle with these fully coverd outrigger wheels looks very similar!

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Totally Stunning photos, right up my street. As you may know i love the SSC cars and i am still paying monthly for the two i have coming some time next year in 1/18 and 1/12. It fascinates me how they can make such Awesome cars.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Scientific approach can take a hike if that car looks so cool as it does now. Kinda of reminds me of the Fireball XL5.
Winston, after seeing one of Dirk's pics of this in the 'Post One Random Model Picture A Day' thread (Vulpex' Spirit of America), I was looking on eBay for more pics (not having seen it in this thread yet) and I can't believe I didn't make the same connection! It's particularly unacceptable for me since I watched and loved the show as a kid during its original broadcast on U.S. TV (a year after its U.K. premiere) in 1963.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Winston, after seeing one of Dirk's pics of this in the 'Post One Random Model Picture A Day' thread (Vulpex' Spirit of America), I was looking on eBay for more pics (not having seen it in this thread yet) and I can't believe I didn't make the same connection! It's particularly unacceptable for me since I watched and loved the show as a kid during its original broadcast on U.S. TV (a year after its U.K. premiere) in 1963.
We got the show only in the early 80s when I was in primary school. The episodes were the topic of discussion the next day in school. And the theme song keeps buzzing in the end even now.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·
Totally Stunning photos, right up my street. As you may know i love the SSC cars and i am still paying monthly for the two i have coming some time next year in 1/18 and 1/12. It fascinates me how they can make such Awesome cars.
Many thanks, Darren!!
I‘m glad you like it!

Of course I know that you love SSC cars. ;)
Personally I am more interested in the history of wheel driven LSR and I meanwhile I a little collecation in 1/43 (Sunbeam 1000hp, Bluebirds,Thunderbolt, Railton Special, Goldenrod, …).

But as you can see in my thread here I couldn’t escape the ThrustSSC (absolutely fascinating vehicle and story behind) and also the breathtaking appearance of Spirit of America Sonic Arrow. My modded ThrustSSC in 1/100 is not too bad but I still hope that one day I will have the chance to get the extremely rare 1/43 model by Spark…

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #996 ·
Something completely different now:

Having reduced my collection by more than 50% now storage space is not any longer a serious restriction for me.
That measn that I can allow myself an impulsive purchase from time to time.

My next model represents exactly this kind of spontaneous buy - NSL 1/18 Porsche Carrrera GTS in Murakami edition.

Haruki Murakami is a Japanese artist famous for his so-called "KaiKai KiKi" pictures.
There have some tuner cars been wrapped with this KaiKai KiKi livery in the past and recently we see some models popping up.
Most of them are sealed resin but NSL offers a Murakami version absed on the excellent all opening 911 Carrera GTS diecast model by SCHUCO.
I always felt temped by the SCHUCO model (even the fuel filler cap opens!) but never pulled the trigger because I just didn't like their colour choice.
==> The offering by NSL was simply irresistable for me...;)

Enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Congrats! I like it, and I can see why you bought it! There's something about crazy art works that instigates the curiosity, isnt it?

Other than the art, I like the model itself, the interior looks top and I can it's got the proper realistic hinges and struts on the engine cover and frunk.

I wasn't aware of NSL, I might have a look at what else they have.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 · (Edited)
Congrats! I like it, and I can see why you bought it! There's something about crazy art works that instigates the curiosity, isnt it?

Other than the art, I like the model itself, the interior looks top and I can it's got the proper realistic hinges and struts on the engine cover and frunk.

I wasn't aware of NSL, I might have a look at what else they have.
Thank you, Sir!

Yes indeed this crazy art work touches a chord but I think for most people it will be binary:
Love it or hate it.

What I espevitally enjoy is that it’s not only colourful like pop-art but also innocent/childish.

Hadn‘t heard anything about NSL models before but you can find a few post @diecastsociety.
They are said to belong to the KengFai group - don‘t know whether this is true.

Not easy to get BTW - bought mine from livecarmodels.
Can highly recommend this seller/shop! (y)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 · (Edited)
Rallye Monte Carlo back in 2002.

Some of you might remember my photo shooting with the Subaru Impreza S7 555 WRT (I received this model as a very generous POTY 2019 prize from Top Marques):

This morning I was playing around with PS following the idea to teleport this great looking model into a realistic rallye scene. Was quite happy with the result and thought it might be worth sharing:

981 - 1000 of 1031 Posts