DiecastXchange Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,002 · (Edited)
That second photo... wow! :love:(y)
Many thanks, mate!! I am glad you like it!

It was fun to create and frankly beforehand I wasn’t too optimistic about the outcome:
The original photo I started with looks so sharp and clean that I was afraid putting it into a rallye scene would certainly look artificial and unrealistic. The result proofed me wrong… 😉

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,005 ·
That second Makinen picture is amazing!!! I do hope it gets nominated in Octobers POTM contest!!
Thank you Sir!
I will nominate it no worries...
I think that's also a serious POTY contender! 📸
Wow, that's quite a big compliment - much appreciated!

A picture of a POTY price model winning another POTY - that would be a funny constellation!
But let's be realistic: There are so many awesome pictures posted here on DX every month. Already the chance of a single photo for POTM is low.

For me these contests are about fun to participate/compete and not that much about winning.
And hopefully they do a bit of promotion for the platform too...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,008 · (Edited)
From time to time I scroll through my photo archive and pick an old picture for re-editing.
Either to create something completely new out of it or just to try to improve further because my PS skills have developed over the years. ;)

The above Monte Carlo picture belongs to the first category so does my next one.

Three years ago I did a photo session with a pearl yellow AA Aventador (some of you might remember having seen the results posted in this thread). The picture I want to show you today is from this shooting and a good example to demonstrate how photo editing can not only significantly improve a picture. It opens up a universe of options for creativity and can dratistically change the impression or message of an image.

Let me show you three steps here starting with the photo as it came out of my camera:

After some improvements with PS it looks like this:

This is what I have shared here years ago.

When I had it on my screen again last week I had the idea in mind to further reduce the image just to the pure contours of the Aventador.
Just wanted to focus on the the well known body lines and finally I changed the colour into orange:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,013 ·
During the last weeks I really enjoyed going through my old stock and trying to revamp some of the pics.
One of the reasons is that this exercise took me back the roots of my model photography: Low light and contrast.
My first serious photo session was with the Uhlenhaut Coupe and the basic idea had been to reduce the image to the body lines - enjoy the remastered version:

1001 - 1020 of 1031 Posts