DiecastXchange Forum banner
821 - 840 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I saw the "normal" Maserati MC12 a few times in real life (static
). An iconic car, a must have in your collection!
Thanks guys!!

Initially I bought this model for a modding project but it's so nice that I didn't have the heart to disassemble it.
Haven't yet decided what to do: Keep, mod, sell...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Congrats, there are very nicely finished, the colour is great. Yours has modified rear tyres, the originals are too large in profile but yours are a bit more realistic, did you modify it yourself and what tyres did you use?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Pretty sure I would sell my soul to drive that around town for a couple days. (The 1:1, the model is nice too)
Thanks guys!!

Yep, the balloon-like rear tires are the weak spot of this otherwise amazing model and this really disturbs the overall appearance.
Strange and hard to understand what was driving them...

What you see here has only corrected this flaw by means of photo editing because this was the easiest and quickest solution.

But meanwhile I also improved my model:
Got a damaged Hot Wheels 250 California for little money on eBay and simply swapped the tires which perfectly fit to the Lusso.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I really like the photos Dirk, well done sir. You could try cropping in a bit more by losing a bit of space on top, just as a suggestion, but is it up to you. That background is very nice, it really lets the car pop. Looks awesome Dirk.

I thought the same thing about the rear tires on this model. I was lucky enough to the silver Eric Clapton version, modded by Wes, and is fabulous but for the rear wheels. Some day maybe I might take your suggestion and look around for some replacement back wheels cause it sure looks better.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I really like the photos, still happy with your crops..but that is a personal thing..so don't mind me. The background really lets the car pop.

I thought the same thing about the rear tires on this model. I was lucky enough to the silver Eric Clapton version, modded by Wes, and is fabulous but for the rear wheels. Some day maybe I will look around for a damaged Hot Wheels 250 something and fix that like you did.. cause it sure looks better.
Thank you, Sir!!!

I am glad you liked the pictures!!

For the time being I tried to stick to the original proportions of the photo which means that in low angle shots there is always too much "empty" space left above the model.
Maybe I should change the proportions for those low angle pictures?
Would be an easy one to do...

821 - 840 of 1153 Posts