DiecastXchange Forum banner
1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,142 ·
Meanwhile a XXL display case by Sora arrived and I managed to assemble it last week --> #1 of the above challenges has been mastered.

Now the transporter is displayed in my home office and I can enjoy it every day 😃

I also built some support for the axles with black LEGO bricks because the rubber tires would not be able to bear the weight of this beast for a longer period of time:
The tractor truck weighs more than 4kg and the trailer more than 6kg...

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,151 · (Edited)
2 day ago I received my long awaited custom MB Aerotrailer by MNTrailers to go with my repainted NZG Actros Gigaspace tractor truck.

Now find myself left with some challenges:
1) Source a oversized display case (already ordered).
2) Source an appropriate box for storing (the transport box it came with is not optimal).
3) Build a setup for a decent photo session (my usual plates for base and background are 70cm max only...) ;)
Having sourced the oversize display from SORA I mastered the second challenge:
Got a custom made wooden transport box for the trailer:
Wood Rectangle Beige Hardwood Font

Rectangle Wood Shelf Natural material Gas

The right side panel can be removed to get better access when putting the trailer in:
Rectangle Wood Gas Office equipment Flooring

The tricky thing was the length of the box:
I store my models in an old wardrobe where I have 95.8cm max available for the length of a box.
On the other hand the trailer is already 92cm long --> so the job needed tailor made precision.
But the guy who built this box for me did a great job and now everything perfectly fits - I'm really happy with the result. :D

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts