DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very ineterested in detailing tips. Does anyone use special products here? I hear GMP teamed up with Meguiars or someone to creat a model cleaning kit, has anyone used it? What is the best cleaner AND cleaning tool used to keep the cars clean? Such cleaning devices include brushes, clothes, gloves, towels, etc. I need to clean my F50 GT1, which is resin, anyone got a clue of what to use on that? Thanks for any info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't seen any model specific cleaning kits. Theres plenty of things one can do clean a model to preserve its condition.

Before I put a model on display, I clean it with a detailing spray, (Meguiars Quik Detailer) thay way it has a non harmful coat of protectant on it when it comes out of the original packaging.

My daily cleaning routine consist of me using a can of air spray and a duster to clean off dust. I have too many models and too little time to pull each down and clean individually. But when I do, I use a wet soft terry cloth to carefully wipe each model down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, how well does the wax repeal the dust? I am pretty sure GMP got together with some to make a cleaning kit. I will do some more research.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its called Meguiars Quik Detailer Mist and Wipe. It leaves the models slick, so when you use a duster, the dust comes off much easier. I use every so often, more so on my favorite models.

I was using it for my 1:1 car, and out of boredom tried it on a model and decided that was going to be a standard practice from here on in. :mrgreen:

Sounds kinda crazy :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GMP does have a kit for the models comes in a nice little box. I use Meguiars Final touch on mine it a spray and makes them shine nice, also use it on my ZO6 for that show shine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Soft white cloths like diaper's you can buy at the Home Depot for around$3.99 for 8 or 10. Also canned air to blow the dust off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally found the ad again for the polish.
It is Mothers brand, they got together with HotWheels and made a polish for die cast cars.
I also found another one called DCW, or Die Cast Wax. They teamed up with Joe Amato. Hope that helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just use my Corvette Vac. It comes with small attachments so you can clean in little areas like cars, keyboards, dash vents, stuff like that.

Its not powerful enough to pick up anything but dust though :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GMP is the people that make the Meguir's Detail kit it's 9020GMP it has 3oz Meguiar's Hi-tech wax,Professional Show Car Glaze 2oz Final Inspection Spray 2oz applicators and wax removal towel three detail brushes and pick-up gloves all in a beautiful storage box. I saw it in the Mason Distributing Comp. catolog www.4toyscars.com :mrgreen: :mrgreen: for those of you that really need the Diecast care kit. it's $24.95 + shipping.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You guys aren't spraying that stuff on the plastic windshields and windows also are you? If yes, doesn't the wiping cause small scratches on the plastic? I'm going to give Meguiars Quik Detailer a try. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Using polish/wax on the windshield causes the windshield to haze and stained for which there is no way to get it back clear. I learned that the hard way, had to discard a AUTOart Mercedes CL Lorinser :x :sad:

The quik detailer is fine for windshields, thats why I like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Think I better get that Quick Detailer stuff soon! My mods are gettin a little neglected looking! :cry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would any1 know if Mothers 1 step spray & shine (Think that's what it's called)could be any good? :? Would it be the same as the Meguiars quick detailer? :? :thank:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've used their quick detailing on my real cars, and it works great, so I don't see why it wouldn't on a model. I'll try it out, and am sure I'll be as happy with the results as I am with my real cars...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts