DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is a Comparison between the two models that Classic Carlectables and Biante make of the same car.

Firstly the CC Blood Orange Ute.
Undercarriage/Engine: Overall the detail is very good. Oil filter etc is marked. Engine very detailed underneath, many labels etc in the engine bay, However I found the exhaust system on the Biante to look more Realistic. And inexplicably some labels were missing in the engine bay in comparison to the biante model. Perhaps this was due to the car it was modelled off.

7/8 Undercarriage/Engine

View attachment 13276

Added to DX Model Comparison Database December 4 2005

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Now for the Biante Model

Engine/ Undercarriage: Overall the undercarriage was well detailed, especially the exhaust, I like the tip especially, better than the CC model, the underside of the engine was lacking in detail as well as some of the suspension components, so that marked it down.

Over the top part of the engine was on par with the CC ute, it did have more labels and of course the working latched looked good too. For some reason the hood of the Biante model doesnt go up as far as the CC car, It looks designed that way. Which is correct? I don't know.

Undercarriage/Engine 7/8

·
Registered
609 Posts

CC Blood Orange Ute:

Paint: Overall well applied, Looks good, Tampo printing good, cannot fault, apart from a scratch or two.

Paint 7/8

Exterior: Overall Well put together, Panel gaps tight no problems. Struts in trunk not as good quality as Biante model. Headlight detail not as good as Biante model. CC also modelled the headlights with the indicator lense on, ie flashing orange, whereas Biante did not.
Exterior 7/8

Wheels/brakes: All in all well detailed. Calipers independent, brake detail good.
Wheels/Brakes 6/6

Biante Silver Ute:

Paint: Overall Paint job is great. Silver suits the model. Sets the model off, Very well applied.

Paint 7/8

Exterior: Overall Well put together. Only major problem was panel gaps on left side of model slightly bigger than the right side, visible difference. Marked down for that. However Noticed the quality of the trunk struts noticeably better than CC model. Slid easier. Excellent headlight detail.

Exterior 6/8

Wheels/Brakes: All in all well detailed. Calipers independent, brake detail good. Did notice simulated tire air cap present, which was not on the CC model.
Brakes 6/6

headlight detail

·
Registered
609 Posts
CC Blood Orange Ute

Interior: Very well done, seats actually slide and move, carpet in interior. Centre console opens, dash very good. Parking brake detail poor

Interior 7/8

·
Registered
609 Posts
Biante Silver Ute

Interior: Overall very well done, Floormats included, seats do not slide on runners but tilt, parking brake detail better on model, rest of the interior on par with CC model

Interior 7/8

·
Registered
609 Posts
CC Blood Orange Ute

Desireability:

Biante is the only competition. Some of this model are done in the same color by both CC and Biante. Both models are lineball for quality. However the model is readily available.

Competition: Biante is the only competitor. As I said they are very close
Competition 4/6

Desireability 4/6

Biante Silver Ute

Desireability:

CC is the only competition. Same comments as above

Desireability 4/6

Competition: CC is the only competitor. As I said they are very close
Competition 4/6

·
Registered
609 Posts
So the Results are:

CC FPV Blood Orange Pursuit Ute 42/50

Biante FPV Mercury Silver Pursuit Ute 41/50

Overall

I tried to score it fairly, this is my first proper review. I myself prefer the Biante model. Due to the Paint color, the headlight detail and the slightly better trunk detail. Overall the models are very close, however Biantes version is 33$ AUD cheaper, ie 132$ to the 165$ AUD of the CC model. For this reason I see the biante model as the better purchase.

Both versions would of scored higher if it wasnt for the fact that they are readily available here and more often than not at a discounted price, due to the fact that both manufacturers make them and they are available in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Thanks for the grat review :cheers

I am so tempted to get one of these :tempted

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
thanks. I tried to be fair. Was interested to see how the two compared. It's good to see they are pretty close to each other. Competition improves the breed as they say! :giggle

G

·
Thanks for the nice comparison review. :nicejob

I don't know much about these models, but it sure would be nice to have one of them as a hauler for some bikes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:eek:ops Thx for that. For some reason couldn't get them to slide, maybe needed to push harder. But I did know the glovebox and centre console opened, just didn't want to repeat myself. Anyway like I said, I prefer the biante model.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Value for money always wins, I have the proto 1st shot Biante ute, very happy with it.

The CC one is also nice, and it great haveing the 2 to chose from.

Great job Odin :nicejob , thanks for the Info & photos.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I gotta admit - at first I didn't care for the styling of this model, but it's growing on me now... :tempted

1 - 20 of 20 Posts