DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one I did recently. It started out as the Ertl Authentics release of the 1966 Chevy Chevelle in black with black interior, dog dishes and redline tires. I lowered the front, deepened the rear wheels, added a chin spoiler, and added staggered white letter tires.

Before

After

Until next time thanks for looking!!!!

Mitchell

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Wicked new stance Mitchell - and that front spoiler makes it look even lower!

·
Registered
115 Posts
can you tell please how did you lowered the front suspension? is it necessary to remove some parts or it just can be made with the model turned upside down?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you tell please how did you lowered the front suspension? is it necessary to remove some parts or it just can be made with the model turned upside down?
With Ertl Authentics diecasts, they use springs in the front suspension. I take a small washer and cut it into a U shape. I then compress the front suspension and insert the U spacer between the compressed spring and the lower control arm on the model. This causes the suspension to stay compressed, thus lowering the front end.
Hope this helps.

Mitchell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.