DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
This one started out as the old Ertl release black 1969 Plymouth GTX. I added plug wires, battery cables and the necessary engine detail to it. I also added better detailed Mopar Magnums with white letter tires, and gave the car a more aggressive stance.

Here's how it started out(not my pic)

After my mods.

Until next time thanks for looking!!!!

Mitchell

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Nice details Mitchell - your Ertl is now officially a GMP!!
............Well done!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Very nice! How difficult was it to do the wheel/tire swap? I love the 1969 GTX and I think the black convertible is the best of the Ertl releases. Your wheel swap and engine detail make it look like a much more expensive model. Well done!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! How difficult was it to do the wheel/tire swap? I love the 1969 GTX and I think the black convertible is the best of the Ertl releases. Your wheel swap and engine detail make it look like a much more expensive model. Well done!
Thank you! The swap wasn't difficult at all. I didn't have to mod anything. All I did was remove the wheels and tires, remove the wheel fronts from the backings, attach the GMP wheel fronts to the Ertl backings, put them in the tires and re-install them. I'm glad it went so smoothly.

Mitchell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts