DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Just ordered a Blue Box 1:18 scale F4U Corsair "Daisy June" which had been reduced in price for a Memorial Day sale. Tried to find reviews of it and was unsuccessful.

Does Blue Box make better 1:18 models than 21st Century and Admiral?

This will be my first Blue Box and the price, even tho reduced to 45, was still somewhat higher than some 21st Century models and the two Admiral models I bought of the Messerschmitt Me 262 Schwalbe white 8 and the F-86E Sabre "Jolly Rogers" which were both reduced to 35. These latter two will also be my first Admiral models as well.

Just wondering if the quality is that much better for the ten dollar difference.

Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Can't say I can answer your question regarding level of detail, but I'm looking forward to the pics you post when they arrive!

Sean

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
From what I read I think that the Blue Box stuff should be better then 21st Century. Can't say if it's true though, or how it compares to Admiral's.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
The newer C-21, BBi and Admirals are about the same in quality with some having some + and - about them. The older C-21s were a notch below the newer offerings.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TBF - TBM Avenger

P-51D Mustang "Big Beautiful Doll"

F-104C Starfighter "Smoke II"

Ju-87B Stuka dive bomber

Al, are these C-21s earlier or later versions?

With the three new additions noted in the post, I now have
two US Navy planes (Avenger and Corsair)
two German WWII planes (Stuka and Me-262)
two jets (F-86 anf F-104)

and will soon get the P-38 Lightning as a companion for the P-51D !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The Avenger and Starfighter are newer releases. The "B-B-D" P-51D is the older release but 21C has upgraded their P-51s to match the BBi and it may had been re-release as a newer version. It may be available in both as some have been re-released.
The Stukas are older releases, but the newer one have better paint detail.
The main difference between the newer and older one are that the new ones have more working parts like flaps and rudders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.