DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Administrator
34,870 Posts
Not seen one in person - I just replied in the BBR thread, they look ace! Expensive though, one I saw the other day went for 444 EUR.

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
As far as I know the black and white don't exist. There is the red and a carbon fiber clad race car for the 24 hour race last year. The white is nice though, really shows off the car. How ever long it takes for me to have it shipped, is how long you might have to wait for a review. I'm thinking two weeks. I don't know of anyone else got one though.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I bought P4/5C Street from Artcraft several months back and it's a nice model. A bit lightweight but other than that, nothing much I can complain about. The APM version is expensive because it is very limited while this one, I'm not sure as they don't provide a COA.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

@ Giamono, do you have any more pics, preferably close-up and raw, just simple camera stuff in daylight? For the money I'm really curiuous how it stakes up under the "lens of truth" inspection.

@ preisman, artcraft has a whole range listed, what makes you say the white one doesn't exist (I think it says "available instantly"). I'm looking forward to your review!

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Sorry man, don't have any outdoor shots. All the pics that I have of the P4/5 is taken from my lightbox. So no natural lighting. Really sorry!!

As for the white one, I think Priesman was referring to the 1/1, which doesn't exist in any other colour apart from the full Carbon with livery. Even the red one that I have is a "fantasy" colour.

G

·
Well, you guys are patially incorrect. If we are talking about the Enzo based original P4/5 it actually realy existed in white. It was the primer test stage, before it got painted and delivered. There are actually quite few pictures and even videos showing it being tested and driven in white. A carbon fiber finish for that model however would be a fantasy car as it has never been seen in that guise.
Now about theScud based race car. BMA is actually working with the owner of the cars for the models and were chosen by him to have the exclusive rights for the models. This why it is cool to see the liveries, because the whole thing is kind of backwards. Jim Glickenhaus have made his intentions clear from the inception of the real car, that it would be raced in different liveries and then it will assume street duties. So in this case we see first the models of what is to come.
I also find it funny how a company in Europe can have the official rights( which I am sure are not free) to produce a model and offer it for considerably cheaper than one made in China without permission.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@giamino: did you sell it then (or do you keep it locked in the box away from light and the world
). Ah yes, the 1:1, didn't get that at first, it doesn't bother me too much.
@mrm: is there a visual difference between the scuderia and enzo based versions? Lats price I saw for APM was over 600 €.....gasp

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
The carbon fiber guise I am refering to was the one that raced, and the ra red one the exists of the street based car, and of not the competizione, I'm sure I missed the spelling. The one I ordered is the race livery,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.