DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2002 was the car that really put BMW on the map (and pretty much defined the term sports sedan). The L version was essentially a more luxurious version of the most sporting (non-turbo) car in the lineup, the 2002tii.

G

·
Looks very, very nice. AUTOart has done great work on that one. :cheers

Was it Kyosho who did the Turbo veriant?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Kyosho and AUTOart both did the Turbo, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You are correct John, AUTOart and Kyosho both did the Turbo 2002.

I really like the black 2002L and it is one I have myself. Unfortunately though it is one of the few models I have that is damaged as my Mum back in 2002 when she was babysitting our eldest son (then not quite 2) decided to let him play with it (despite knowing I'd be annoyed she did!) and he promptly dropped it on it's roof from a height of 3 feet! One of the rear windscreen pillars is split and the rear screen is cracked, plus one of the side windows is also broken. Very annoying!

One of these days I think I'll try to take it apart and fix it, with some clear window glue I might be able to do a decent repair. Needless to say granny isn't allowed near my models anymore! :lol

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Fantastic looking model John. I like the interiors on this one more than the more spartan 2002 turbo, especially the steering. Nicer wheels than the turbo too. Guess you are looking out for the turbo as well to give one company.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks gentlemen!

G

·
Im sure Ive seen those pics before :giggle

A really stunning old Beemer John , I really would like to add this one in the future . Very nice rims on that one and the extra driving lamps finish it off nicely.

Congrats on adding another great car :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Stunning John! :coolpics A girl friend in HS drove one just like it. It was a fun little scooter to drive.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
John,
Super model, and super pics too !
:cheers

I have a dream about the 2002 models from AUTOart :
I want to have the orange model with round tailights,
but with the wheels, steering wheel and long distance lights from this black car,
and the front seats from the Turbo version.

:happy :happy :happy

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone - it really is a beautiful model, my pics don't do it justice!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick! Over the past year or so I've been slowly trying to add some of the models that have been around since before I started collecting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.