DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Was about to get this until i noticed that the trunk (once again like any other Mattels) is sealed....
And you're right, the black looks better than this.
Looks I'm getting the Kyosho afterall :cheers

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RichardM said:
Believe me - you'll have no regrets getting the Kyo over that.
Now i need to save up for 3 times the amount :giggle
The insides of this Mattel completely killed it off.. it looks like a MM.. which is a bad thing... :WTF

G

·
I don't know but all the parts are there and pretty nicely done too, so if you take a paint brush to it, you might end up with a very nice model. :cheers

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rat said:
I don't know but all the parts are there and pretty nicely done too, so if you take a paint brush to it, you might end up with a very nice model. :cheers
:lol :lol Are you recommending the Mattel one now? :lol :lol

G

·
cdx008 said:
Rat said:
:lol I'd like to see one up close but it really doesn't look too bad, I think it has a potential to be very nice if you're willing to spend some time on it. :cheers

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rat said:
cdx008 said:
Rat said:
:lol I'd like to see one up close but it really doesn't look too bad, I think it has a potential to be very nice if you're willing to spend some time on it. :cheers
Probably take your advice and risk the $20 and try to fix the insides a bit. If it fails, I can always place it on the up-most shelve on my display case :scared
The non-opening trunk is still kind of holding me back..... Does it really cost that much to add an opening trunk! :ranting

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Looks like an OK model but what I wonder is where the heck did they get those rims? I don't think the real 6'er has those rims.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Even though it is a budget model, there is no reason to have the trunk sealed! :lol :ranting :ranting :ranting

But then again, AUTOart wants $50 for models that have NO opening parts! :giggle

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
FordGT said:
Even though it is a budget model, there is no reason to have the trunk sealed! :lol :ranting :ranting :ranting

But then again, AUTOart wants $50 for models that have NO opening parts! :giggle
So should I be happy with what Mattel did and just go buy it? :lol :lol

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
:lol Sorry, I can get a bit carried away at times... :lol :lol :lol

I guess it's not a bad model, but for the money, I think the Kyosho is well worth the extra.

G

·
I t depends how important this car is to you, If you sort of like it then get the Hot Wheels. If you really really like it then I would get the Kyosho. :cheers

·
Models 4 Life
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CollectorX said:
I t depends how important this car is to you, If you sort of like it then get the Hot Wheels. If you really really like it then I would get the Kyosho. :cheers
Welly is making one, right? (according to MTR)... Should I wait to see what the Welly one would look like first?

But based on what you said, I'm aiming towards the Mattel one now. The car to me still looks weird and at the same time, it also looks very cool. :cheers

G

·
CollectorX said:
That's exactly what I do. If it's a model of a car that I really like, then I go for better quality/higher price. If it's a car that I just want represented in my collection and the model is still decent, then I'll go cheap and save money for the next one. :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Rat said:
CollectorX said:
That's exactly what I do. If it's a model of a car that I really like, then I go for better quality/higher price. If it's a car that I just want represented in my collection and the model is still decent, then I'll go cheap and save money for the next one. :cheers
:iagree
My thoughts eaxactly :cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts