DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oak244
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently bought my first diecast BMW, after a long while of admiring the latest models. My first is an E46 GTR in red. Next I want to add a CSL, and am wondering which company makes the best version? I see AUTOart and Kyosho both make the CSL. I would also like to hear any must haves you think exist in the BMW line up. I like the 745 as well as a neighbor has a black one and its a sure beauty. Thanks for any help you can give!

:feedback

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
CSL: AUTOart

As Louis mentinoed, the Kyosho's front wheels are far too "in" the bodywork. the Kyo is cheaper tho...

G

·
:welcome Oak244!

Great to see another BMW nut! I would recommend the Kyosho because it's cheaper, it's got the nicer stance (it's lower and properly wider than the AUTOart). The interior is much nicer in the Kyosho as well.

:cheers

·
BMWonlyBMW
408 Posts
Hi Oak244 and

I have both CSL models. I hope that this review will help you to be defined with a choice of model. Best model of BMW E65 745, certainly, makes Kyosho.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome to DX! Hard to call really, but I guess my preferance would be for the AUTOart CSL. The wheels and brakes are superbly detailed whereas to my eyes Kyosho have never quite got their BMW wheels right. Having said that, the body shape is apparently more accurate on the Kyosho, but they are both excellent. I'd still take the AUTOart though! :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
My main gripe on the Kyosho is the wheel stance and the crude brake detailing. For the rest the Kyosho is undoubtly a superb model, but this just ruins it for me. I'd go for the AUTOart version :cheers

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have AUTOart CSL. And do not forget to buy M5 and upcoming M6, both by Kyosho. I ahev dealres blue M5 and it is perfect and I ordered the M6.

G

·
:welcome to DX Oak244.

Thanks for the review dragon_fly, I've never seen it. :nicejob

I'll have to agree with Gian on with Kyosho. The Kyosho has the front wheels too far in the fender and the brakes and calipers setup are not as good. But in my opinion, the rims themselves are better. The hood has is a tighter fit on the Kyosho (you would think the black AUTOart would the shutlines more). The Kyosho doesn't have the stubs in the headlights like the AUTOart and the trunk hinges are in a better location than the AUTOart. I've got to say the Kyosho has the upperhand in terms of the interior although I like the AUTOart seats more (but I don't know which one is more accurate).

You can see all that in dragon_fly's review. :cheers

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went with the Kyosho. I had both of them sitting on the counter out of their boxes when deciding which one to get. The bad part about the Kyosho is the wheels and brakes, but this is a problem is almost any Kyosho BMW. I thought Kyosho did the taillights and front lights better. The interior of the Kyosho is far better than the AUTOart. The seats have a very unique feel to them and the dashboard is nicely done. The steering wheel is even made with the same material as the seats. Also, you can't forget the most important perk of the Kyosho, an M3 CSL duffle bag that goes in the trunk! :giggle

As for must haves in the BMW lineup, I really urge you to look at the M5, 6 series, and new 3 series models from Kyosho and the E30 M3 Sport Evolution from AutoArt. I collect all BMW models and these are my favorites.

G

·
I've forgot to mention that Kyosho might have taken a shortcut on the rear windshield. And I agree with Mark, the 'bag' is a very important factor. :giggle

·
Oak244
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks all for your opinions... After looking at the review, I will be going Kyosho. I agree the front wheel set looks off, but I think the lights ruin the AUTOart version for me. There are too many top notch cars in my collection these days to allow myself to buy a car who's lights do not look real.

I do want to find the Front wheel fix and my modify the car for a proper stance if the stock look bothers me enough to go through the work. Thanks again, and I will keep an eye out for the 745, M5, 6 series and 3 series.

·
Registered
536 Posts
:welcome Oak244!

Although you have made your decision, you really couldn't have gone wrong with either version. That being said I think the AUTOart CSL is better due to the wheels and the texture of the seats and steering wheel is more accurate. We are fortunate in that we have two high quality examples to choose from.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That may be true, but do your shelves have potholes? :lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.