DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the time to take some more photos today - mostly some reshoots but this car was previously not photographed.

The model is actually a fantasy car - what has become known as a plain bodied racer. Despite the name this car is not a replica of a street car (though there is a roadgoing M3 GTR), but in fact a de-liveried version of the fully kitted out GT racer which competed in the ALMS and also the ill-fated ELMS series.

I have to be quite honest and say that I'm not quite sure why I ended up buying this model!! It had a low starting price on ebay and once I started to bid I got carried away! It doesn't really have a place in my collection. I much prefer real liveried racers, or genuine road cars, so it may be sold off at a later date, especially as one of the liveried versions will soon be added to my collection.

Either way, it is a nice model from Minichamps. Build quality seems good, detailing is very nice and the interior looks great. The engine is average, and the usual Minichamps trait of having attachment stubs on the headlights is present, made worse by the dreadful looking indicators at the front. Overall though, a mean looking car and a model well worth the money.

G

·
Thanks for sharing the pics Dave.

If you do decide to get ird of it, please let me know as I would greatly like to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation! :cheers

Don't get rid of such an awesome model!!!

G

·
For a second Dave i thought you were going to be one of these collectiors whom will try there bes to get every colour combo of these one mold.
But i noticed the one you have has the carbon-Fibre roof, that would look fantastic next to the M3 CSL.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone :cheers

Darrick, if I decide to get rid I will let you know. It sort of depends on how my collection and the themes in it develop.

Jeff, I am only considering selling this car as I will soon have one of the liveried versions anyway. I assume it will be an equally awesome model, but better still it will fit my collection and my tastes better than the 'street' version.

Kyle, I have neither the finances or the inclination to buy any model in more than one colour, hence the reason I'm considering not keeping th liveried and unliveried versions of the model. I plan to have a collection of M-cars (in fact I may very soon be buying the M635 after seeing some pics on here!!), so it will be a question of deciding whether this 'fantasy' car fits into that theme or not.

G

·
guitardave_1 said:
I have to be quite honest and say that I'm not quite sure why I ended up buying this model!!
Tell me about it! :shipwrecked
I know exactly what you mean, about the same model btw :sweat

G

·
Indeed a nice car. I have the other silver one plus an estoril blue version with an oxford green on the way. This fantasy version was featured in NFS Most Wanted.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You have the dark blue version which is also a dealer edition and exactly the same as mine besides that mine has the black shade instead of blue.
The black ones are rarer than the blue ones. But both fetch very high prices. I think mine was the first ever sold at eBay Germany if I recall the sellers statement right. I got it from a BMW dealer in Hamburg.
:cheers I remember there was much confusion about these two colors as the blue one can seem like a black one at times and many people became pissed when they realized theyre black car was deep blue :giggle
a fantastic model, heavy, extremely detailed and nice to look at as well.

BTW, Roadrunner, does yours have the BMW dark blue carton box?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.