DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am late to the party with this one but it kept getting pushed down my list so I figured I better get one before its too late.

Overall, a pretty nice piece. a bit rough in some areas and very good in others.
I do believe that Minichamps was involved with this project and it shows.

Very nice shutlines and pretty decent paint, I do have a run on the bottom edge of one of the doors. The paint needed to be buffed out as it wasn't smooth in all places.
The interior uses some paint over moulded in detail to make it look a bit more inviting

The engine looks fair to decent and the car has a nice stance to it.
The tires look a bit tall and narrow but I am just going by memory.

There are a few James Bond tricks built into the car including ejector seat/removable roof panel, machine guns in the opening grille and missles underhood.

For a $24 model I am more than pleased with it and can't wait to get my M/C DB9 to go along with it!

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! It is a pretty neat car, better than your average maisto or Hot Wheels. People always want to see the rockets or the machine guns. It's a shame Beanstalk can't make more models. :cheers

G

·
Congrats Jeff.

From your pics the brake details look very good for a budget model. I was toying with the notion of getting a 1:12 Vanquish because I like the car and love this colour.

:cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Very nice acquisition Jeff! It's also on my wish list, but it gets being pushed down to the bottom and I never manage to buy one. A mistake, I know, since it's a very nice model and it won't be around for long, since BS is no more. Do you have any pics of the engine?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone :cheers
It is a pretty nice car and it is terrific for the money.

Luciano, I will get an Engine pic for you tomorrow :cheers

G

·
Max Power said:
I know I am late to the party with this one but it kept getting pushed down my list so I figured I better get one before its too late.
Even if you did miss this BSG version, then there is a Ertl version, which i think is exactly the same, or its exactly the same model re-branded.

You know what this means now don't you.
You are gonna have to buy the Zao Jaguar XJR to go with the Aston-Martin.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Sorry Maxpower, didn't want to steal your job as posting pictures but I already had them so I just want to save you some trouble.

For those who wants to see full detail of this model, here's some pictures of mine. And yes....it's the same BSG car re-branded ERTL.

Here's the full features of the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish....Enjoy:

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
and the last two...

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
:coolpics Jeff!

This looks like a great deal for 24$. Maybe Minichamps reworked the mold for their own DB9? That's maybe why they can sell that one for so cheap...

If only these things were avail. at KB...

G

·
Congrats on you new Brit Jeff :nicejob
for that money damn good value i'd say.

thanks for the other pics Cuda Jeff :happy

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Great Bond cars, Jeff and Jeff! :cheers A good price for a good model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts