DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hello fellow model car enthusiasts, i was told by a fellow member to show all my drawings so more people could see my artwork (thanks technica
and if you want to show your artwork then feel free). For those who do not know i am a 13 year old boy and i LOVE cars with a passion, just like all of you. I started to draw cars for the same reason i could collect them, because being 13 means not owning a car (but no one said i can't drive
, my dad lets me drive around our little neighborhood in his 04 sentra, manual of course ;) When i was around 11 i started to draw cars and then i eventually got better with no one to teach me. So take a look at them and tell me what you all think and please tell if you have requests on stuff for me to draw.
Peterbilt (age 13)

Porsche 993 RWB (age 13)

RX-7 (age 13)

Chevy caprice (age 13)

Chevy ssr(age 13)

BMW z4(age 12)

spitfire(age 12)

Chevy c100(age 12)

Chevy silverado(age 12) my design

Nova bus(Growing up in nyc you get used to seeing these)age 13

Renault 4(my dads first car)age 13

Mack B-61(age 13)

murci(age 13)

Supra(age 13)

Pontiac catilina (age 13)Design by me.

Sterling acterra(age 13)

nissan altima(age 12)

C110(age 13)

caddillac deville(age 13)my design and one of my personal favorite cars

Impala(age 13)my design

GT3 RsR(age 13)

Audi A4 (age 13)

Silvia s13(age 13) also one of my favorite cars

Silvia s15(age 12)

This was very time consuming

c class AMG(age 13)

i have been really into rally cars so i drew this morris mini which is my most current(i am working on an rs200, lancia 037 and peugout 205 rally
so keep an eye out for those)

So now it is time for the moment i had been dreading, my collection. I started out by collecting 1/64 cars then i worked my up to 1/24 and then 1/18 (been collecting them for about 5-6 months now) which are a lot more better (IMO). Being 13 and all means i have no money and i could only get models on special occasions and if i mow the lawn and so on. Anyways i started out by believe it or not by buying a couple autoarts, kyoshos and minichamps but my parents thought they were to expensive and they kept getting on my case for it and it ultimatly lead me to selling them and then buying more lower end models which is better because when i sold the 6-8 higher end models i cant remember how many but i was able to buy my current collection of 25 (all used tho).So here they are i do have a couple that are all taken apart for future models.(SORRY 4 NOT SO GOOD PICs)
This is my favorite model because it was my first ever 1/18 which was given to me by my neighbor who was moving at the time.

I also did my first interior detailing job on this model.I love the old maistos the details are awsome.

Merc 300 sl

Alfa Gtv6 spyder

Merc SLK conv

MX-5 and 10 aniversery (love these two)

Caddi seville and series 62

weathered GTO and my first diorama

Pontiac firebird collectors edition

SVT cobra little mods done

Jeep Grand cherokee

Z3 and 240z

X5 and wrangler

Ford F.350

camaro ss

Vette zr1

And finally as some may know my failed town CAR

So tell me what everyone thinks about my models and drawings if there are questions or stuff you want to share then feel free.And my final question is what do you all think of the size of my collection and am i off to a good start? again thank you all so much and dont forget to leave comments.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Boss, great to see this topic up!

I think the size of your collection doesn't matter. More so as you are still young. Grow your collection slowly. It's a hobby anyway not a competition. :)
Thanks so much Technica you are so right about it not being a competition, and a really big thanks to you for your kind comments and you were the one who gave me the suggestion on this post so again thanks ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
It's not the size of the collection that counts its what's in the collection. Btw love the jeep and C4 ZR1
Quick question where did you get the corvettes spoiler from?
thanks for the kind comment and sorry I said zo6 Instead of zr1 major mistake there ill fix soon and the spoiler was from the old weathered GTO and I spray painted it black thanks again.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
It's not the size of the collection that counts its what's in the collection. Btw love the jeep and C4 ZR1
thanks for the kind comment and sorry I said zo6 Instead of zr1 major mistake there ill fix soon and the spoiler was from the old weathered GTO and I spray painted it black thanks again.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info,and don't worry about the name confusion. In fact I plan on dropping a 1:18 C5 Z06 engine into my 1:18 C4 vette then painting it to looking a 96 C4 Grand sport so technically it makes it a "1985 Corvette C4 Z06 Grand Sport" or something like that

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[/quote]
Thanks for the info,and don't worry about the name confusion. In fact I plan on dropping a 1:18 C5 Z06 engine into my 1:18 C4 vette then painting it to looking a 96 C4 Grand sport so technically it makes it a "1985 Corvette C4 Z06 Grand Sport" or something like that
[/quote]That will be quite interesting indeed. Good luck on that project.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
[/quote]
[/quote]
That will be quite interesting indeed. Good luck on that project.
[/quote]
Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like your drawings. My favourite is the C class AMG.
Keep working at it and great start on the collection also!
Thank you very much I am happy you liked the drawings and thanks for the motivation ;)

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for sharing your drawings with us B4L..
they are amazing for someone of your age..
Keep at it - and keep us posted!

....and thanks for the pics of your collection .

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What great artistic drawings, reminded me of myself when I was young as well, always drawing cars too... some awsome cars in your collections, thanks for sharing with us..
Thank you for the kind comment and i am glad you like my drawings and my collection, I like your models too ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for sharing your drawings with us B4L..
they are amazing for someone of your age..
Keep at it - and keep us posted!

....and thanks for the pics of your collection .
Thanks for the very kind comment Eddy I really appreciate it and I'll try to post more drawings and models, just hope this thread will catch on and most of the fellow members could see them.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Great drawings B4L - keep it up and you'll only get better and better! And that shot of the X5 and wrangler is great! It's exactly how the X5 should look with some off-road wheels!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.