DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the disc was actually stuck to the caliper.

I had to really turn the wheel hard to get it unstuck, like it was glued :confused

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
FordGT said:

I had to really turn the wheel hard to get it unstuck, like it was glued :confused
Eeek! Sorry to hear of your brake disc troubles. That's really quite horrible. What specific vehicle of yours is that problem with? I count myself lucky I haven't come across that problem.

THOUGH, my AUTOart #63 C5-R does have a slightly misaligned brake caliper which rubs against the inside of the wheel. I'm not quite sure how to straighten it out. :confused

G

·
I've heard of a few AUTOart having this problem. My Biante HSV GTS 300 has a similar problem, the rear wheels don't spin as freely as the front ones, but that way, it won't roll off a shelf :danbanna

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
road warrior said:
I've heard of a few AUTOart having this problem. My Biante HSV GTS 300 has a similar problem, the rear wheels don't spin as freely as the front ones, but that way, it won't roll off a shelf :danbanna
Coming to think of it, my Viper GTS-R #52 (blue) has got slightly sticky brakes. I agree that it won't roll off the shelf easily.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
FordGT said:

Somebody must have been driving with his foot sleeping on the brake pedal and now the disc is warped...

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
LUW said:
FordGT said:

Somebody must have been driving with his foot sleeping on the brake pedal and now the disc is warped...
:lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

I admit it!!! :lol

I knew I shouldn't have been napping in my Murcielago!!! :lol :lol :lol

I turned the wheel for like 5 minutes and now it seems fine.

G

·
road warrior said:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dunnoe..... i have the same problem with my VW beelte cabriolet =\
i guess they left the handbrake up a lil commin off the production line =\

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
My skyline has had some problems like that. The caliper is actually doing the job it is supposed to, grabbing the rotor. It's only on the rear wheels though. I guess it's a little bit too high quality in a sense that the brakes actually do work. But like roadwarrior said, atleast now it won't roll away.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wish that was case with my Maisto's :giggle

They seem to want to roll off table's and awful lot...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts