DiecastXchange Forum banner
461 - 480 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Beautiful 1:12 models, Brian!
I've got the Huayra incoming too.
How is the carbon around the rear on the Chiron? A US based seller advised me to pass on this model as all his batch had dodgy carbon around the number plate and bumper.
He also pointed out the lack of PE EB badge at the back and painted on window switches! I'm curious to know your thoughts on this model

·
Super Moderator
13,622 Posts
Looks Fantastic in your excellent photos,i too was wondering your opinion on the Grey if you can give one ? I have the Grey one too but thought it is too plastic and the interior is not like they made with the Veyron a few years ago,also on my model i thought the hood gaps each side was too big compared to the doors,any thoughts?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Looks Fantastic in your excellent photos,i too was wondering your opinion on the Grey if you can give one ? I have the Grey one too but thought it is too plastic and the interior is not like they made with the Veyron a few years ago,also on my model i thought the hood gaps each side was too big compared to the doors,any thoughts?
Thank you guys!

this model is indeed not as good as I expected. They should have more details in such a scale 1/12 model. Compared with the Kengfai 1/12 Pagani model I just received, I would say that although it is not horrible, it is really poor model with a price tag of $600 CAD, Yes, the rear EB badge is printed, yes, the window switches are painted, yes, the hood gaps are huge, yes, it has poor engine details, and yes, its interior looks not as good as the Veyron too.

The positive side, the model I received by myself has no problems in quality control. The paint surface has maintained its consistent level, and there is no problem on the carbon stickers. personally, I really like the jet grey with the blue interior, It's fully opened, I rather to have the autoart model than the half price Kyosho/ GT Spirit sealed model. Overall, it is still a great model.

Whether you like it or not, it is actually very personal. As long as you like it, sometimes you should not listen to too many other people's opinions. You can use it for reference, but don't let others make decisions for you.

·
Super Moderator
13,622 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts,i feel the same about it too. I have glue spots on the model i will have to polish off but like you say it is a nice model just a shame it could and should have been done better for the price they charge.

·
Testa Rossa
348 Posts
As for the 1/12 Kengfai Huayra, do the doors stay up with friction of struts or any internal small springs? Would they make the Huayra in other Dinastia colors like gold & red?
Autoart pagani doors open in higher position just like the real car. the kengfai doors dip a bit, may be the weight due to diecast.
Edit:- Do the gear shift move?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
As for the 1/12 Kengfai Huayra, do the doors stay up with friction of struts or any internal small springs? Would they make the Huayra in other Dinastia colors like gold & red?
Autoart pagani doors open in higher position just like the real car. the kengfai doors dip a bit, may be the weight due to diecast.
Edit:- Do the gear shift move?

From this photo, you can see clearly that the doors of the KengFai Pagani stay up with the struts. They are heavy diecast doors so that they can not be opened like the real one. IMO, they're good enough.

They said 3 colours will be available, all three Huayra Dinastia cars. I only found two item numbers on the outer box, KF004-1 (blue carbon) and KF004-2 (purple carbon)

The first sample was shown in April 2018,

then first painted sample was shown later in Oct 2018, it's the purple YaZi,

The first released model is the blue carbon BaXia earlier this year, maybe they tried to follow the order of real car launch.
My dealer told me the purple YaZi has been postponed with no exact released date, and Kengfai is still considering whether they will make the ChiWen model since the real one has obvious changes compared with the first two

·
Testa Rossa
348 Posts
Brian, thank you for the detailed info. For the doors in the pic, I notice that they have put a small clip to make it stay in place. The purple YaZi is good for the real car, but the model looks a bit dull(dark purple) in that color, not as vibrant as i expect it to be. So Blue carbon is the only option to go for i guess. I thought i will wait for the ChiWen model, but i guess that will take more than a year even if it will be made.

461 - 480 of 533 Posts