DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This started as a kit and this is what was done to it:
Lowered front and rear.
Painted the recessed area of the wheels to look like the optional '05 wheel.
Seat inserts were painted silver plus a few knobs ands switches.
The two-tone charcoal paint was stripped to make it solid white.
I know this is "grave digging" but do you happen to still have the pictures of this when you were finished with it?
[/quote]

Let me find it and I'll post pics of it latter.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I retook pics (experimented with lighting) and restored the posts above. My original idea was to make a "Border Patrol" truck out of it, but it turned out to nice to put the decals on it.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I retook pics (experimented with lighting) and restored the posts above. My original idea was to make a "Border Patrol" truck out of it, but it turned out to nice to put the decals on it.
I wish you still had that truck, I have a kit coming in from ebay that is black and would gladly trade you + a little cash for that white one. i started a business with a white 06 F150 (that didn't succeed thanks to the economy) and I want to make a replica of the truck. I found a guy that can make the decals and all for the truck. If there is anyone else on here that has the white one and is wanting a "new" kit still in the box, i would like to talk about a trade. I havent got it yet so it may turn out to be junk but it was listed as new.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay... Got the truck today and it is new in the box. It is also a kit so i am hoping it will be easier to repaint. I haven't tore into it yet so i thought i would ask if you have and do's and Dont's as far as dismantleing the plastic body parts. It should be pretty straight forward with an exacto knife as was mentioned by another member in the meet and greet section?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just take your time and don't force anything. The plastic was put there, so it has to come out the same way.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.