DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Most likely. There are exceptions, like Ricko's superb 300SL Panamericana and Sunstar's rally Fairlady or their new Stratos. A shame, since the market is ripe for good budget models. Solidos's rally line is the best example of this.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
It's a new release from them. From what I saw they would make some three or four cars in different liveries. They're also releasing some Integrales in rally trim.

I'm telling you, AUTOart is in trouble. I don't care if AUTOart's rally Xsara has better wheels or paint job: it's SEALED, while Sunstar's is not. I have the means to buy both of them, but ask me which one will get into my collection? :wink

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
The Stratos and Integrale? I sure would say so. I don't know how they'll hold up against Kyosho's models (that would be tough, being Kyosho's models so good), but they look nice.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I would say yes. Like Solido, it looks like they wised up and started putting more effort into their models. They're releasing some oddballs, that if come with a good level of detail, collectors like us that are used to a better detail level will be interested in.

I think Sunstar started this with their rally Nissan Fairlady, that is quite nice for a budget model. With the high prices and involution of AUTOart's models there will be a vacant space in the market. Solido and Sunstar may be aiming exactly for that space. And being honest, they will succeed if they keep up the good work.

I'm admired that Maisto didn't try this too. Maybe because the brand has no history with rally and because they're concentrating their efforts on the bling bling crowd?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.