DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
A big supermarket had this offer on 1/24 and 1/18 Bburagos and Motormaxes. I ended up buying 3 of the 1/24 Bburagos: A Renault Schlesser Buggy, a Ford Focus WRC street version (rally car without stickers) in silver and this Bugatti Typ 57 SC "Atlantic" Coupé.
This last one I bought because I had a BIG picture of the 1/1 of this particular model in a very interesting book, and it was even the same color and licence plate. That gave me an idea, so I detailed the :nutkick out of it.
This is what I came up with:
It's a before/after image as you can notice, where the upper half is the before model and the lower half the result.
I posted two sizes, a big and a smaller one for the 56K-users.

I did A LOT to it, almost too much to list, but it's your job to find out what I did :giggle Shouldn't be so hard :cool

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken! :cheers :cheers :cheers
I'll think about contacting Bburago :giggle

G

·
i alredy commented on this, but a second time wont hurt :lol

this shows what bburago are capable of doing if they put in a bit more effort, if a mere collector can improve a model this much, then plenty more is expected from a large company

great job on the car, hope to see more mods from ya in future: cheers

G

·
Great job BVR :nicejob

I have a couple of questions:

What did you use to wire the engine? It looks far better.

And secondly how did you recreate the wood trim on the doors?

:cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! :lol
it was quite a lot of fun to do :danbana
jwp79: For the wires I used a guitar string (G), works very well :danbana Then I painted it
For the wood I used a Revell paint, just brown but it looks decent :cheers
Good luck with your projects! :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx Rico :cheers
I'm sure, if there'd be a car you'd really want, but it'd be only available in 1/24, you'd get one :giggle :nutkick
Well, the Cossie :confused
No money, no time :ranting :ranting :ranting
Well now in the holidays I've got plenty of time, but no money :cry
Maybe next week, when I'll be receiving my Xmas bonuses :giggle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.