DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who can guess what is following me home today?? :giggle :giggle If you're really hurting for clues, I'll post one later.

G

·
Congrats on the new Sauber! I just noticed on your signature that you're no longer fighting Sauber C9 fever... :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TifosiF1 said:
Congrats on the new Sauber! I just noticed on your signature that you're no longer fighting Sauber C9 fever... :lol
Right on!! Congrats Tim. :happy :happy I got that Michelin #63 car sitting beside me in the office and car hardly wait to get a chance to take some pics of it. I had been admiring this car from a distance (others' pictures) and finally found a terrific deal for it at Toronto Motorsports. Fortunately, I did not seccumb to any other temptations while I was at the store this morning.

Anyway, I cannot say enough good things about Derrick at that store as he's absolutely wonderful to talk to.

Fear not (or maybe you peearr need to :giggle ) as pics will come in due time.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Felix, will this be your first Sauber?
Your first Exoto?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Max Power said:
Felix, will this be your first Sauber?
Your first Exoto?
Hey Jeff....it'll be my second Sauber (the first one is an F1 Sauber driven by Pedro Diniz). Yes, this'll be my very first Exoto. :happy I'm not anticipating buying anymore of those just because they are so darned expensive! I still have two kids to put through university. :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LUW said:
WTG Felix! :cheers
The C9 is such a terrific model, one of Exoto's finest!
Thanks Luciano. I haven't had a chance to unpack/assemble the car yet. But I've sneaked a few peaks at the engine and it IS STUNNING! :drool I have to see what the big deal with the sequential shifter is too.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Spoken like a true addict :giggle
Congrats and welcome to the Exoto club :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Max Power said:
Spoken like a true addict :giggle
Congrats and welcome to the Exoto club :cheers
:lol :lol :lol

and :thanks for the welcome Jeff. Once my kids go to bed, I'll attempt to shoot some pictures. But I am blue-car-challenged so I'll probably need a few attempts before I crete any decent pics that are postworthy.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Congrats Felix on your first Exoto!!! The C9 is one of their finest efforts to date as well! :cheers :cheers :cheers

G

·
:ranting :ranting :ranting :ranting :ranting YOU TOOK MY SAUBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutkick :lol Is there any left, Felix? The last I remember Derrick had only the 1! But I'm hopping I'm wrong!?! :confused :crying :crying :crying Oh well, if he doesn"t I will go with my origonal venture,IT'S NOT AN EXOTO! :blastaway But its a awesome mode none the less & I got my quoat on the price from Derrick!!! its all good.

ps, Your right on 2 things derrick is a great guy to deal with & that has to be 1 of the best deals ever on an exoto, you would expect to pay that in US dollers not cdn!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Johny LeMans said:
:ranting :ranting :ranting :ranting :ranting YOU TOOK MY SAUBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutkick :lol Is there any left, Felix? The last I remember Derrick had only the 1! But I'm hopping I'm wrong!?! :confused :crying :crying :crying Oh well, if he doesn"t I will go with my origonal venture,IT'S NOT AN EXOTO! :blastaway But its a awesome mode none the less & I got my quoat on the price from Derrick!!! its all good.

ps, Your right on 2 things derrick is a great guy to deal with & that has to be 1 of the best deals ever on an exoto, you would expect to pay that in US dollers not cdn!
No, there aren't any left Johny. I had put mine one reserve about 3 weeks back when I saw the price drop C$20. I called to see what sort of inventory they had left and it was minimal. I figured the price couldn't drop too much more so I had jumped on it. Your quite right about typical prices elsewhere being about that amount face-value but in US currency! That's about a 25% savings right there alone. Then there's the cost of shipping. That would be another US$15.

When I dropped by the store yesterday, Derrick told me a fellow from California wanted to buy one too but there were none left. They don't have another other Sauber C9s either in case you're wondering.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the congrats Luciano, Ronan & Darrick. Who's got torque specs for how much to tighten down those wheel-nuts?? :lol :lol That car is awesome!! Though I'm struggling a little to get the engine cowling shut tightly. One side seems to butt up tightly with the car body but there's a slight gap on the other side. :confused The gap is only a fraction of a millimetre but it still bugs me. Should the cowling "snap" into place?

:feedback

1 - 17 of 17 Posts