DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I really have fallen behind in getting my pictures up. Had a bout of poor health that required an urgent operation, but in the meantime things are improved.

Following 'California Dreamin - Part 1 - Concorso Italiano' my brother and I were lucky enough to visit the Quail Lodge for their Concours event. This event is one of four auto spectacles running concurrently during the day and is one that I would certainly recommend.

Unfortunately we arrived late in the afternoon by which time many of the vehicles displayed had left. On the flip side we managed to avoid the $300 attendance charge.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive design
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A sight to behold the Porsche 918 RSR, just a few weeks after it's official unveiling this sleek racer was sitting amongst more pedestrian Porsche road cars and looked incredible.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Two legendary racers the Gurney Eagle F1 and the Audi R10 TDi Le Mans

Attachments

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vehicle Wheel Hood Car Automotive design
Plant Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Ever seen an uglier race car? This Cadiliac once famously competed in the Le Mans 24hr. Thankfully the styling never caught on.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

More Cadiliac godness. This time something more contemporary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Love the 918, Eagle F1 and Caddy. Those new CTS-V Coupe's are damn pretty cars if you ask me. The road versions are damn fast too (reported 0-60MPH of 3.9 seconds and spinning the tires on the gear change all the way up to 4th). Keep em coming!

Good to see you're back too mate

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dean: Thanks mate, feeling much better. The Caddy CTV is a beast of a car though I prefer it in sedan form, the coupe for mine looks a little ungainly.

Tony: Shame we missed most of the Quail, next time I will spend less time at Concourso Italiano and make the Quail the priority. I recommend you start saving for 2014 as it is already marked as a Ferrari year at Laguna Seca!

Saw a few celebrities - Tristan spotted Gordon Murray at the Corkscrew (Laguna Seca) and took an awesome shot. Sir Stirling Moss was at Pebble Beach as well as Wayne Carini (Chasing Classic Cars). I watched Wayne Carini assisting the owner of a Hudson Italia whilst it was being judged at Peeble.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Some amazing classic Ferraris. Check out the Zagato coachwork on the first. The TDF is always a knockout vintage Ferrari model.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Always a sucker for fly yellow Ferrari 275 GTBs - CMC please release a copy of this car in 1/18 scale. The gold Vignale Ferrari had some wonderful details. The black painted tail fins were extremely elegant.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Hear we see a Ferrari 410 Super America and a Ferrari 500 Superfast. These Ferraris are amongst my favourites - the fastest cars in their time and amongst the most opulent and exclusive. No wonder collectors fight so hard to acquire these wonderful machines.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Ferrari Enzo in black was one of a variety of the heavy hitting contemporary supercars at the event. This Ford GT40 was an ex.Scuderia Filipinetti enterant at Le Mans and Monza and has just completed a restoration.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts