DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got bored with my summer, so I drew up some quick plans last night and went to the art store this morning and this is where my display is at as of right now.

I based it off of AutoSport USA in Pompano Beach Florida. I went there a month ago when I was in Miami and I really liked the looks of their dealership. I drew up some 5 minute basic plans and went to the store this morning. It cost me a total of $20 in supplies because of stuff being on sale and coupons and what not. I've been working since about 1 pm and it is not 9:22 pm. Not bad for a days work but there are details still missing. I still have to add grass and gravel on the outside. Cut plexiglass to shapes of openings and line them to look as if there are more window panes. Add some kind of flooring/carpet on the inside. And lastly little details such as posters/signs, car parts, etc. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy my mini exotic dealership.

P.S. It's 1/18th!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the blurry pics. My hands are very shaky from all the patience and concentration of cutting and glueing. Better pics will come tomorrow after a little more work and sleep!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Small details to add:
-Sidewalk area is textured and look of real sidewalk, textured stone paint.
-Exterior walls are textured and look of real siding.

Cars that will be in the display after I save up some cash, so by fall/winter the car dealership will be holding:
-Inside 3 car area:
AUTOart Porsche Black Carrera GT (already there)
AUTOart Yellow Lamborghini Murcielago
Hot Wheels Elite Red Ferrari Enzo

-Inside 1 car area:
Ma White Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

-Outside 2 car parking:
Ky Silver BMW M6
Something halfway decent, unsure of what yet.

-Underneath ovrehang
Nv Grey Porsche 997 Turbo D/E

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Simple.....but an impresive result! :eek:k

You did a nice job making that dealership! :cheers

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I know its not spectuacularly detailed or anything but if you walk in some exotic dealerships, like AutoSport USA, everything is very clean and simple and nice. Maybe a few things like pictures on the walls will be put up and little stuff but for the most part I like the clean look of it. For my next project I might do a garage area to go next to it. Like what you would see if you went behind those doors that say "authorized personel only" and through that little window you see where they keep the high dollar cars and you only wish to just run in and see for yourself. So i might keep the cars in the dealership exotic but not too exotic if you know what i mean. And then build a small garage area for the real exotics. Or maybe a service area? We'll see.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, actually the round pillars are from a desk that was built in my room. But I didn't really like how the desk came so I built it my own way and ended up with 2 silver supports left over. So to me they looked like the best option for pillars. lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes! thank you. I knew I was thinking of something but couldn't figure it out. lol. And its a Maisto too so it won't cost me much to have it look good. If anyone else has suggestions on what would be common to see at an exotic car dealership feel free to post. I need 7 cars atleast. I'm thinking:
-Hot Wheels Red Ferrari F430(already have)
-Ma White Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder(easy purchase when it comes out next month)
-AUTOart Yellow Lamborghini Murcielago
-Ma Silver Mercedes SL55(easy purchase)
-KY Silver BMW M6
-AUTOart Black Porsche Carrera GT(already have)
-AUTOart Maybach 62(already have)

·
Registered
260 Posts
update: Now in my basement, little details added, still waiting for windows, hopefully in the next week I can have them cut and put in. Then I can permantly glue everything into place and neaten up any rough edges anywhere on the display. Any suggestions on what to add would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.