DiecastXchange Forum banner

Car Garage Diorama 1/18 scale

10K views 118 replies 16 participants last post by  Alexandre Lucas 
#1 ·
This is a 3D sample of my future diorama. There are gonna be an outside area with some green. I will soon start on it. Any ideas?

Product Rectangle Blue Slope Font
Rectangle Door Wood Fixture Brick

Brown Window Wood Rectangle Building

Rectangle Wood House Facade Roof

Product Rectangle Font Slope Screenshot

Rectangle Slope Font Screenshot Parallel

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Finally I was able to start building the little house. As it's very small diorama maybe it's a 1:20 scale as I couldn't work out the height properly for it isn't wide enough. I made it exactly to place in my workshop desk. So here is the beginning. Fixed the walls in place, glued the floor to the base, next I'm gonna prime the whole thing and work out a brick effect using a stencil I laser cut. I think I want to simulate here a vintage european home garage. I will build some gardening too so that it can have some scenery around for more realism.

Urban design Rectangle City Font House

#20 ·
Actually I don't have space for dioramas :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: but I build them anyway. In the future I want to be able to build big dioramas and make kind of a layout connecting them all. Same as people do in model railroad. And I'm pretty satisfield with my working bench; for years I used the dining table to make models. Now I can make my own mess in my office

#23 ·
The fun part begins. Creating a real brick effect. I don't know why I love bricks so much. Maybe it gives visual interest to the diorama. Before I was decided to laser engrave and score it to the plywood but you know what? Nothing like the real deal. The product used is from Bromley Craft Products and is my favorite. The texture is perfect and once dried you can sand it, clear coat it and weather it up. I used repositionable adhesive and custom made stencil.

Liquid Blue Fluid Drink Automotive tire

The grey paste I will use to make pillars and frames

Liquid Art paint Fluid Paint Nail

I apply the adhesive and wait it to be sticky for about 1 minute. Then I place it into the wall which I also have sprayed it.

Wood Gas Composite material Roof Brick

After apply the compound and taking off the stencil

Building Window House Wood Brickwork

Property Window Building Brickwork Brick
Brown Brickwork Building material Composite material Brick
Brickwork Brick Wood Line Wall
Wood Rectangle Gas Roof Bumper
Photograph Brickwork Brick Water Tree

Building Wood House Brickwork Brick

Some patchwork will be done once it has dried. Next I will make brick in the inside.

#31 ·
Fantastic job! 👏👏👏 :love:

Just a random thought, but if you were to make these dios for selling, you'd have trouble pricing them. I mean, if that was me I'd be asking anything between $/€500 to $/€1000 (and I think it's worth every cent), but it would be hard to find anyone who could see the amount of work gone into it, and pay the asking price... :unsure:

#32 ·
Unfortunately most hobbies are just expenses with no payback. Very few people will understand the price invested on a project even being as simple as mine. And most collectors who likes dioramas I guess they will build themselves for fun as I do. . But I don't let that put me down. I've being doing it since kid and I like the time I waste building my dioramas and model kits so I will keep doing that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.