DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
As most of you would know, I have a passion for photography and now that I'm on holidays I've got a bit more time to shoot my models. I plan to shoot most of my models again using my new camera, and will share the shoots here. Sydney is a rather small city but I will try to find as many different and interesting locations as I can. Hopefully the Harbour Bridge and Opera House won't become a recurring theme in my shoots.

Admittedly shooting outdoors is easier than shooting indoors, but in my opinion outdoor is much more interesting with the backgrounds on offer. I hope to inspire other members here on DX to take their models outside for shoots as well. Why not share the backdrops your corner of the world has to offer?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Photoshoot 1 / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG / Sydney Airport

I've shot at this location before, but I thought that the SLS would be a very suitable car to shoot here with its gullwing doors. However I arrived late in the afternoon and it seemed that planes weren't landing very often. Eventually the sun became low and I didn't have a tripod to allow me to shoot low aperture shots (to get the runway in focus) in the low light. Nevertheless I was happy with the results, with the purple/pink light of the sunset reflecting nicely on the Merc's silver paint.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there's no model v model 2 shoot, I riot

That SLS shoot is SUPERB
Long story short, I had organised a shoot with a 1:1 CCX, my 1:18 and my model friend, but she wasn't feeling too well on the day, so it ended up as being 1:1 and 1:18 only

Glad you like the pics!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent pictures as always except for the first one. I'm just nitpicking but it is a bit too noisy and contrasty. Do you have a flickr where I can view your EXIF data?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i dont think they look too noisy and how do you know hes using ISO 400. if he is though...weird...i only shoot at 100 or 200.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i dont think they look too noisy and how do you know hes using ISO 400. if he is though...weird...i only shoot at 100 or 200.
EXIF data ;)

Just save the pic, right click and proprieties and then details

He was shooting at high aperture sizes (f number) so the background wouldn't be so blurry (hard to achieve that effect with the standard 18-55mm kit lens which I presume he's using)and that translates into lower shutter speeds which need to be compensated with a higher ISO value.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Rockin pictures of your 'Hiflyer' Carbonsig!!!

Especially the first one

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
That SLS looks so, so good and so do these photos!

In your signature, is that a 1:1 CCX with your 1:18? You saw a 1:1 CCX?!
yea he did at the dealer lol. we were planning on going together but the boss of the ferrari dealership (which for some reason has the ccx
) quit and yea...:p

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.