DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@S40, mbc112, I'm no Mercaholic, but I absolutely love the SLS!

@diecastcity, Alex, Dennis, mairandeddy, thanks!

@Seby, the first ones are indeed a little blurry, I think I got a little excited in my attempt to capture a landing plane in the background. It was moving quickly too.

@Monster, I bought it from a seller in Germany. The model itself is a reasonable price, it's more a matter of finding a seller with the lowest shipping costs. Or perhaps Seby could hook you up with his German connections.

@khanak, I do have Flickr but I don't have Pro so I'm always hitting my limits. I don't upload diecast to there anyway. As Alex said, you can just right-click the picture and view its properties.

@Alex, lol yea it appears that it's a little noisy even at ISO 400

@Mike, yes that is a 1:1 CCX, I'll post the pictures now.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Photoshoot 2 / Koenigsegg CCX / Ferrari-Maserati Sydney

This photoshoot was meant to be Model vs. Model, Part II, but unfortunately Miss Model wasn't feeling well (and nor was I to be honest), Sydney has been freezing recently - try 15°C (59°C)! The dealer principal had allowed me to do a shoot with the CCX and my two models, which might not sound like a big deal since it's inside the dealership, but being the only CCX in the southern hemisphere on sale for AU$1,900,000, it is quite precious. Bargain considering the first owner didn't put any miles on it and lost a whopping AU$500,000 on it. Previously it was on sale for AU$2,400,000. However, even if Miss Model did turn up, the principal had just left on holiday, so perhaps I wouldn't have been able to shoot the CCX's interior and engine with her after all.

Luckily, the 1:1 CCX is very similar in spec to the 1:18, the few differences include the brake calipers and the silver strip that extends from the side intake to the rear, which is black on the model. Curiously, the "X" on the 1:1's badge is not red, and the rear lights have two white and one red blubs (well, LEDs). Seeing this car, even in the showroom, is breathtaking. The orange colour is very orange, so maybe I don't need bright green or fluro yellow on my 1:1 to stand out. In short, amazing car.

Which leaked coolant all over the showroom floor.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. I was a little disappointed with them considering what could have been. Oh well.

Thanks to S40 for the inspiration.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sweet sweet photos! It has been a long wait but finally you managed to do a 1:1 and 1:18 CCX photo shoot. Were the people at the dealership interested in the model CCX?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sweet sweet photos! It has been a long wait but finally you managed to do a 1:1 and 1:18 CCX photo shoot. Were the people at the dealership interested in the model CCX?
I only talked to one salesman (and a drop-dead gorgeous receptionist) and he was amazed that the model was more or less identical to the one they have. Apart from that I don't think anyone there was particularly interested in anything, they all seem to be wandering around doing nothing. There was the new 458 Italia there, looks quite alright in the metal.

G

·
Best photoshoot ever, in my opinion, Osman. And the orange CCX is still my most coveted model, custom project notwithstanding.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
What a way to start the day
Shame Miss Model wasn't feeling well, but some other time. The 1:1 CCX will suffice for now
Love the last pic

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Great shots Osman! I really do like the 1:1 VS. 1:18 comparison. I can't help but notice the rear lights are a bit off on the model. Model has 2 red lights while the 1:1 has two white ones instead.

G

·
Must be some weird Australian version. All the others I've ever seen photos of have the rear lights just as the AUTOart model does, two red, one white:

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Simply AMAZING Carbonsigma!!

I've already nominated Seby for POTM but otherwise it'd be one of these shots

Thanks for sharing - most entertaining

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
you can nominate two pictures...just not from the same person ;)

and regarding the lights maybe its an option, like the r8 LEDs...because im thinking the white lights might be LEDs.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Mac47, thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing your custom CCX very much, wonder if any dealer in the States has a green CCX.

@T1000, yes indeed, hopefully soon...

@S40, the CCX was upstairs in the used car section, and there was no-one upstairs. A sign on the car said "Admire but please do not touch"...and another one said "$1,900,000". I thought better than to touch it, and there wasn't anyone to ask. The receptionist must have been Italian and was quite wow. No pics though lol!

@b-ry89, thank you! I also noticed this about the tail lights. Looks rather odd, as does the silver strip around the back of the car.

@mairandeddy, I'll try for July photo of the month since they were posted in July!

@Seby123, the lights were LEDs, so perhaps the white ones light up red and the red one is the indicator.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Awesome photos! Love'em all. The Silver SLS and Orange CCX are incredible! I'm glad I passed up on the black and matte grey SLS, coz I kept telling myself, wait for the silver one. Thanks for sharing.
i keep telling myself wait for the red one, now i got the matte grey.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Lol. I think I wouldn't want to touch something that has a sign saying AU$1,900,000 as well.

It must be an experience actually seeing a 1/1 CCX. Congrats on the nice shots and keep em' coming!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Funny the first one appeals to me the most. Then again I am not an expert in photography.
That first one looks as though it got some minor HDR effect treatment,
though it probably didn't. Was it deliberate? It's got a pretty dramatic effect. :)

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
@mmc, silver is definitely the best colour for the SLS in my opinion.

@BMWE90, thanks!

@giamino, at least it's better than $2,400,000. I don't understand who would buy it for that much, not drive it, and then sell it at a $500,000 loss.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Great shots man! I'm surprised at how well the shots of the SLS in the shadows turned out, I think they look better than the ones you took in the sun. And I love the 1:1 vs 1:18 photos of the CCX. I think it's amazing how close AUTOart got the colour to match the 1:1.

By the way, the centre lights on each side of the rear might be reverse lights, with the outside ones being indicators and the inside ones being the brake lights. I don't think that the smaller clear lights on the bumpers inside the red reflectors are legal in Aus.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Photoshoot 3 / Nissan GT-R / Sydney Opera House / Top Ryde City

I had a sunrise photoshoot with a friend's Honda Legend (aka Acura RL) and decided to use the opportunity to bring along my GT-R - I'd rather get up at 5:30am once that twice! The licence plates of the car say "I Am Legend" and inspired by the movie, I wanted to do the shoot in the City when it was empty. Unfortunately though, even at 6am there is a fair bit of traffic. Here are a few of the pics from that shoot.

Originally I wanted to shoot the GT-R in Sydney's Chinatown, an Asian theme would have fit the GT-R nicely, but arriving at the Opera House I decided that the white sails would suit the white GT-R as well, and I hadn't really shot a model at the Opera House before.

Couple of days later I thought I might shoot the GT-R again, but this time just in a carpark near my place.

The spoiler stays on for now...

Enjoy!

21 - 40 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.