DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Its time I started adding some classic Indy 500 models to my collection, so I figured I'd start with the new Carousel 1 Mclaren Johnny Rutherford model from the 1976 500 (any reviews?). I dont really know much about Carousel 1 and was wondering if you guys had any opinions on the brand or which model would be good to start with. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

:cheers

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
If you want a broad, general endorsement, I think that C1 models are well worth the price you pay for them. I have all of their Corvette line (aborted, unfortunately at four), a C1 Porsche 935, and a couple of the Indy cars, and they display equal to, or better than other models that I have paid as much as half a times more for. Plus, they continue to expand their open wheel collection, which only adds to their desirability, since the details are consistent model to model.

You could do worse, for more money.

:cheers

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I have 20 C1's with 16 of them being Indy winners
While I don't care for the company itself and especially the man that runs it, the cars are pretty nice.
Never, ever pay retail for any of them as they are know for dropping the price to 50% off whenever they want to move some product.

For instance, I have seen the Rutherford 1974 winner at around $70 and it is almost identical to the 76 winner.
The McLarens are one of their better efforts, they really look the part.

If you want to get an important car to start your collection I would go with the 1972 Penske/Donohue McLaren. They did a great job on it and its a wonderful looking livery.

You can see all of my Indy cars by CLICKING here and going to the Indy and open wheel page.

·
Registered
62 Posts
While I don't care for the company itself and especially the man that runs it, the cars are pretty nice
I'd be interested in hearing about this...I just had an email exchange with this person - or rather he answered personally (which I was surprised by) a question about a specific product....

so I figured I'd start with the new Carousel 1 Mclaren Johnny Rutherford model from the 1976 500 (any reviews?)
FYI, Replicarz is having a major sale on the 1973 Rutherford car (the Gatorade one)...it's on sale for $59 plus and extra 10% off this weekend...

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
He does answer communications personally.
But, for a guy that likes to throw his weight around and try to bully small retailers if they should dare attempt to cut the price a few bucks to try to unload some of THEIR cars and yet its ok for C1 to cut and run on models by dropping the price by 50% makes me have ill feelings toward him.
I tried to help the guy out and get him some attention here at DX by doing an interview with him only to have it turn into a big stinky situation involving threats and bullying of a real good seller that was a friend of DX.

I have some real contempt for C1 but I will not let it take away my joy of collecting Indy cars.

Believe me, this is only a snapshot of the situation, I don't feel like going through the whole movie right now :dizzy

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
What is it with diecast companies? They must attract a certain type of boss. It's bad enough to bully sellers like that in my opinion, but to do it after your gesture to try and give the company some exposure is just despicable :hellno

G

·
G

·
Stoneage_Caddy,

We have a gent on the forum named Jeff, who goes by Max Power - you two seem to have a lot in common when it comes similar tastes in models.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Hi again, Stone :cheers
I have seen some pictures of the Lotus and it looks like thay have really done a great job on it. Maybe they have turned up the details a notch or 2.
I try very hard to stick with the winners only but an exception may have to be made although I will be holding out for the #20 or #40 cars if I get one.

You also have the other non-winner that I might make an exception for, the Eddie Sachs car. Its a great looking piece.

If you are interested you can see my Indy car collection (and the rest of my cars) by CLICKING here and navigating to the Indy car and Open Wheel page.

Once again, welcome to DX

G

·
ohhh man is that some great stuff .....
the other indy cars are my dads , hes big into the winning cars ...He is really into Eddie Sachs, even has his book....I never really have been intot he winners, ive always rooted for the underdog ....so when i read the story of granatelli and the turbines I HAD to have a diecast of it..spent a year searching ..found some but in the wrong scale ...then Carosel one annouced they were building it , and i was one of the first to preorder the car sight unseen ....I love to see them do the 67 Side engine car (40)

well maybe i dont always root for the underdog ....Im a HUGE rick mears fan ....but ....my next diecast indy car needs to be a Buick V6, perferably one of the ones the late Scott Brayton drove in Menards livery .....with a engine ....i hate these curbside ones ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.