DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I decided to carpet all my budget models, and these were the first victims: the Hot Wheels Ferrari 360, the Hot Wheels Porsche GT3 and the Sunny Side Lancer EVO VIII. I also made the exaust pipes of the GT3 and of the EVO hollow. What do you think? :feedback

·
Registered
919 Posts
J-San said:
Hi. I decided to carpet all my budget models, and these were the first victims: the Hot Wheels Ferrari 360, the Hot Wheels Porsche GT3 and the Sunny Side Lancer EVO VIII. I also made the exaust pipes of the GT3 and of the EVO hollow. What do you think? :feedback
Your work looks very well done. Congratulations on your different jobs!

Was wondering what specific material you used for the carpeting. Is it flocking?
I have come across some material other than the traditional flocking from a textile representative that looks dead-on like automotive carpeting . I will post some pics soon so that you can see what I'm talking about. This rep also had some thin material that worked great as pseudo-leather to do seats with as well. Both of the different materials were easy to work with and apply and looked like the real thing.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nicely done, J-San!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Will be posting some currentl pics as soon as I can get some free time. Currently the two cars which were done with this material have, "unfortunately" for photographing, chopped tops making it diffcult for good lighting and clear precise pictures. BUT I will still post these shots AND try and do a convertible or two for examples that are easier to view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts