DiecastXchange Forum banner

Carrera GT by Minichamps and Aa

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  lazard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
First, I never thought of getting 2 CGTs but I did. I'm very pleased with the quality of both AUTOart and Minichamps. Both have Cons and Pros. By the way, this is my first time of posting thumbnail images after following step by step of how to do Thumbnail Images by Stygianmax. Thanks Stygianmax for this plus reducing my banne size.

See less See more
#3 ·
Jeff Cuda, here's what I'm seeing now as the 2 models sitting in front of me.

Headlights:
Minichamps has bigger headlights than AUTOart but both AUTOart's and Minichamps's are nice.

Rear spoiler:
AUTOart's seems to be higher which is more accurate than Minichamps's. (just look at the pic)

Engine:
As you already know, Minichamps has green carbon fiber engine and AUTOart is black, both engines on both models are accurate and nice.

Interior:
Minichamps has real leather seats, AUTOart is not. Both models have nice (real metal) gas pedals. Seatbelts on both models are real with real nylon material. AUTOart's instrumental panel looks cleaner and nicer than Minichamps's.

Front hood:
Minichamps looks more realistic, soft grey plastic while AUTOart's is carpeted which is not accurate as the real car. But AUTOart's has 2 leather straps for the removable roofs and Minichamps doesn't.

Tires and brakes:
Minichamps rims have valves but AUTOart doesn't have any. Tires on both are nicely rendered and as well as the calipers. The disc brakes on AUTOart (especially on silver models) are not cross drilled (don't know why but black version does).

Front bumper:
Front bumper on Minichamps's in one piece which is molded to the front fenders. AUTOart's is separated and has Carrera GT Plate on the front bumper.

Hope this will answer your question

G
#8 ·
Thanks for the comparison of these two as it should help in somepeoples decisions.

I am going to move your comparo to the DX Reviews, therefore, it doesn't get purged in this forum at the end of the year

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
One more positive for Minichamps - it has functional suspensions whereas AUTOart not. Therefore, I have dealers silver Minichamps and even if it is about twice as expensive as regular AUTOart, I like it very much and I do think Minichamps is better than AUTOart.

Well, it is really strange to me that almost no collector consider functional suspension as a posive. For me it is a BIG positive because it is additional FUNCTIONAL feature - not only one more detail but but real finctional feature. Therefore, I prefer and will always generally prefer Kyosho over Minichamps and AUTOart as almost all Kyoshos have functional suspension but only the letest MCs (CGT, 996 GT3 RSR) but no AAs have this feature.

G
#12 ·
I just got the Minichamps version and I think its stunning .

Its very heavy , the seats are beautifully done , paintwork is flawless , bumpers are all metal and the working suspension , especially on the rear is a work of art .

I know some will disagree but I think its fair to say Minichamps 2 - AUTOart 0 as far as the recent P cars are concerned :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.