DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for anyone that looked at the polls, I kind of made an early decision to go ahead and do a Carrera GT project car. Had a little accident with one of my Maisto Le Mans GT1 porsches so I am using it as parts. Here are a few teaser pics until I get some more work done.

P.S. this work was only done in about an hour so I still have quite a bit to do. Engine is causing troubles with the lack of space. Also I need some ideas for the exterior without doing to much to take away from the beauty of the original shape of this car.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Blurry exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats it for now stay tune for more in depth details on the project. Most likely will have more pictures up tomorrow once i get the engine done. Trying to take advantage of having not alot of schoolwork so I am spending a lot of time on this in the next few days. Sorry for the blurry dark pics but hey you get the idea

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Pretty cool mods!

I am more of a purist, and if it didn't fit a major sanctioning body's rules, it didn't exist, but you see more and more Porsche "one-off's" these days, where some rich guy thought that more was better, and kept piling up money until the guy at the custom/restoration shop fainted.

Your "custom" reminds me of those guys, all imagination and creativity.

Good job!

:cheers

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replys. The engine is my main focus right now. The stock piece is a flat palstic piece that is molded with all the hoses and what not onto it. So I got rid of that and used the base of the GT1 motor and used the top of the GT motor. Then I used the GT1 headers because they have wastegates molded to the piping so i thought that would be cool to have come up towards the top of the bay. All is cramped so its hard to get into alot of detail but you will see what im talking about tomorrow. Im trying to keep the exterior as close to stock as possible because anything will ruin the lines of this car. Thanks again for the comments and keep any ideas coming.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again everyone. I probably wont respray it just because I really suck at painting things cuz i get really impatient. But if i decide to my brother talked to a guy he works with who is in the body shop department at the ford dealership near me and he can respray anything i want him to for a very small price. And he can do it within a days time so I might consider that later on. But yea everything is coming along nicely its just i wish there was something i could do to make the exterior alittle more racey without doing a full race paintjob.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics will be up in alttile bit. I wanted to add the GT1 wing but it was just too big. It looked out of place and awkward. Im still trying some things out so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Automotive design Hood Bumper Automotive lighting Personal luxury car

Well here is a rough pic of the engine bay. Heres a list so far:
-Base of the GT1 motor
-Top piece from the Carrera GT motor
-Headers with wastegates from GT1
-Different springs(red) then the stock metal ones(whole new springs not painted)
-Intercooler with piping attached towards the front of the motor(hard to see)
-Exhuast from Carrera GT with Enzo muffler box showing out the rear

Everything is in place permanently so nothing is loose

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts