DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
From this professional's viewpoint, he considers the cars we collect "TOYS".

In his own words: Some die cast makers are really doing a nice job with racing subjects and classic cars. I have looked seriously at the arena of doing modifications on these models to take them out of the "toy" range and turning them into viable replicas.

So unless the cars in your collection are super detailed, they're considered "toys". Hey, don't get mad at me, I'm just summoning up what he said. :giggle

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't get offended by the term "toys". People call other things "toys" like a 1:1 Ferrari collection, a spare Lear-jet or their significant other (specially if it's the 2nd or 3rd much younger one). :giggle

I am thinking about ordering the DVD that he has for sale. I am sure I can get some great pointers from it.

Did you all the the SCRATCH built GT-40? :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob Even ol' Shel' if in awe!

G

·
Gentleman does have fine taste in models.

I wonder when a model stops becoming a toy in his opinion.

From my viewpoint, adding a few wires and paint doesn't make much of a difference in that regards. However, it does make a difference in the models appearance and collectors mind.

I wonder if this SLR is now a collectable instead of a toy now that it has side windows and paint detailing.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
These are works of art - no question!

I wonder whether Sir Gary will pick up one or two. After all, he has been a diecast buying machine in the last 2-3 months! :giggle

Al, thankyou very much for the link. It is incredible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts