DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suprub pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great looking model............
Just one question,are those gold line tires? hmmmmmmmmm think that I would prefer white...............still I wouldn't kick it out of bed!!!!!!!!
Air

G

·
:eek:mg :10 Thats absolutely gorgouse what a cracker, I cant fault that at all thats definetly going on my wish list.
That white interior looks so classey, man I am drueling... :giggle :coolpics
Where am I going to get one of them ? :hot

·
Registered
161 Posts
The 1965 Malibu SS 396, more commonly known by its RPO code of Z16, was an impressive showcase of engineering ability and sticker shock. The Z16 package included not only a 375hp 396ci engine and beefed up drivetrain, it included much of the Chevelle option list! RPO Z16 increased the base sticker price by more than half but included a sturdy boxed convertible frame, full-size Chevrolet brakes, a narrowed full-size Chevrolet rear axle, heavy duty suspension components including front and rear sway bars, power steering, power brakes, heavy duty cooling, tachometer, comfort and convenience group, deluxe seat belts with retractors, special 160mph speedometer, simulated wood steering wheel, AM/FM Multiplex Stereo system, heavy duty wheels, gold line tires, simulated mag wheel hub caps and more. The Z16 was a very special version of Chevelle.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great looking model, man! That's the first black one I've seen.

G

·
Lovely Alon

I've got the Regal red version and as you said, Lane did a great job with it.

Cheers :coolpics

G

·
Fantastic model! I got the red version when it was released, and regretted later that I didnt wait for black. Its a better model than the Ertl, in my opinion, because of that "wheel size" thing again. Trivia fact: Dan Blocker (sp?) aka "Hoss" from the extremely popular TV show Bonanza, was given one of 1st production models these very rare limited production cars by Chevy.

G

·
I was never much of a fan of this generation Chevelle, until I read up on it, this was one sweet ride.

I like the color combo on this piece greatly. I'm on the search for a few Lanes and possibly may have found the first great candidate. :giggle

Your pics look great too :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.