DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I wanted a Chevy C6-R so i just could lay my hands on a plain version its sealed but its so different to the regular one ...
enjoy the Autoart Chevrolet Corvette C6-R Limited 3000 pcs!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Nicely shot Zugs - and great subject matter!!!!
In yellow it really screams 'get outta my way!!'

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
Great shots as usual :)
I quite fancy adding this one as it looks so damn good, I came across a few of them when I was on the hunt for a C5-R model. I'm not too fussed that it's sealed etc, I just love the look of it.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Great shots...I absolutely love this car. I hate that its sealed (especially since the earlier C5R's are fully opening), but man, it displays SO well.

I got the Le Mans class winner a couple years ago.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys for the comments ... and gavin what model you DONT have
btw this yellow one is limited 3000 pcs!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm giving up photographing Diecasts!

Zuugnap, I don't know what you do for a living, but car magazines and manufacturers should be paying you to photograph their real cars!

Amazing shots!

M

·
Registered
479 Posts
I learned on Wednesday that the Corvettes (C5 & C6) are sealed for a specific reason, that being the engine technology is secretive. They decided to seal it rather than have a fictitious engine design. But still, I think they could've at least given us opening doors... :/ After seeing these and the photos elsewhere on here of the Jake car I picked up the Jake a couple days ago, which is how I learned of the sealed body rationale.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
neither of the available C5R molds, by Action (horrific) or AUTOart (awesome) are sealed. That is the reason that AUTOart gave for going to sealed models...always seemed like BS to me.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
^ Yep I was going to say that the C5 isn't sealed. I'm very pleased to have hunted mine down, I have the end end ones you posted up. I do want a C6 test car though!

·
Registered
479 Posts
No no! Just the C6! Being a Pratt & Miller Vette team fan I totally buy the story. One day I have to get my hands on one of the Ron Fellows Vettes... one day...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It's total bull about the reason given for this racer being sealed. If you go on any website concerning racing off theis type of car you can obtain images of the engine. It was done so that they could release the model faster that's all, no model engine is going to give away any secrets.
I'd love the all white version that Ron Fellows drove before he retired, I think it would make a very good model. COngratulations CR 6 is a good model and your image make it look even better!

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
@ Snowman lol thanks for yer great Compliments

@ Schoderingersbox (whats in a name
) also thanks!
@ MGGMB also thanks for paying a "commentated" visit over here!

edit
while i was typing Super snail entered this topic so thanks !!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I really don't understand no livierd racer's; unless that how they raced. To me its part of there history. But I can see were people come from when they say that the livery some times gets in the way of the lines of the racer. It all down to personal taste in the end and this Corvette dosn't look to bad in plain yellow, especaily when phottgrphed by Zuugnap

G

·
Hmmmm... I've been debating whether to add this one for the longest time, have a source on one locally for a great price too. Why do you have to post these fine photos :(

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol kraftig .... and what's a great price?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts