DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article from www.netcarshow.com

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV China Edition

Limited to only ten cars worldwide, the special edition Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce is designed and manufactured exclusively for China's most discriminating super sports car enthusiasts. An orange stripe, symbolising the strength of an erupting volcano, decorates the flat grey painted carbon shell of the Murciélago. Every model holds a numeration badge with the name of its owner.

The Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce is one of the most fascinating super sports cars of all times. The exceptionally purist and even more extreme top model - the Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce - is even more powerful, lighter and faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640. With the output of the 6.5 liter V12 increased to 670 hp and a weight reduction of 100 kg (220 lbs), the Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce boasts a power-to-weight ratio of 2.3 kg (5.1 lbs) per hp. It vaults itself from zero to 100 km/h in just 3,2 seconds and hits top speed at 342 km/h.

With its outstanding performance, razor-sharp precision and exceptional high-speed stability, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce is the ultimate performance car for advanced sports car drivers. In order to achieve the substantial weight reduction of 100 kilograms (220 lbs), the Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce was extensively reworked and redeveloped in virtually every aspect - from chassis to engine and transmission, right through to the interior. The increase in engine output from 640 to 670 hp is the result of optimized valve timing and a reworked intake system. The significantly modified aerodynamics with substantially increased downforce brings considerable improvement to vehicle stability at very high speeds. The large "Aeropack Wing" and its added downforce give a top speed of 337 km/h (209 mph).

[Photos: 1/18 scale replica by AUTOart]

Thanks for Looking!

G

·
I've seen this one in person, the colour looks great in photos but is ten times better looking in person, no lie. Makes me wished I ordered one!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
I never really took to this colour scheme before, but your pictures really show it is absolutely spectacular!

I was originally plumbing for the turquoise, but now if I ever have enough money to get one it will be the China.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Great pictures, but I just cant shake the feeling that it would look 10x better without the middle stripes... the orange accents coupled with the calipers are a win.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Pardon my ignorance (and laziness for not looking it up), but what make the "China" edition so special besides the fact that there are 10...er...9 of them? Does the stripe make it go faster? or the SV logo add more horsepower?
I do like the SV and will add one or two eventually, I just don't get the following.

BTW, great pics! I do have a question, are the front (mainly pass side) headlights ill-fitting? I haven't noticed that on other colors.

Lastly, a free idea for AUTOart, make the ultimate 1 of 1 SV (heck, Exoto gets away with it)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you very much, everyone, for your awesome comments.

Yup, I believe this model pretty much for this color scheme. It may not be the brightest and the boldest such as the yellow, orange, turqoise blue, etc. but this one does have extra trim colors here and there, such as the paddle shifters, seat patterns, central console panel, and even the brake calipers. This one itself adds nice contrast to the monotonous grey tint of exterior paint. The stripe, in my opinion, though not really liked by the majority adds a little artform to the already extreme looking car's shape.

I've heard of the low-downforce high-top speed version of the Murcielago SV, one that only has a ducktail style spoiler. We don't really know about it yet, but who knows if AUTOart considers on making those too. But then, as of now, it feels like the die-cast collecting community is already "saturated" with the current Murcielago SVs so I am pretty worried if AUTOart would consider that really if the risk is low-sales.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Lovely pictures man! Crisp and clean!

I do agree that it's unlikely AUTOart will release a version without the BIG spoiler. But then, who knows. They're re-releasing the R35 with blacked-out wheels after so many years with an even bigger price tag. Lol.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If I take a close look at the 'ducktail' spoiler on the Super Veloce it shoudn't be that difficult to make myself, I'm going to pick up two Norev SV's when they arrive at the local shop to avoid shipping (I can wait for this one ... not too long however ... lol), one for a different project I'm working on ... and one to cleanly cut the big wing from and put a ducktail on it ... probably going to paint it matt brown and put gold wheels on it (ring any bells yet ?) and apply carbon fiber decal to it (which are on order right now).

I've been trying spray painting for a while now ... finally getting the hang of it, but did find out matte shades are easier to paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.