DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bugatti Chiron Roadster - "The White Pearl"

The 5[sup]th[/sup] in my Chiron series was built to go with my most recent "Black Pearl" build. This is my second roadster version of the car and just like the first, it has a fully functional roof panel. I managed to replicate the cutting process of my first build but did make a few improvements with my Milliputt epoxy putty application. The end result is a much more fluid mount for the roof panel to rest on. As always, I made all of my usual mods such as carpet flock, fabric belts, P.E seatbelt buckles and emblems…and lowered the model. As I said, this car was built to stand opposite the Black Pearl coupe, so it is finished in a White pearl finish. On the inside, I went with a different shade of blue (this one is aptly named "sea foam blue" I did a contrast of white in the recessed areas of the seats and seatbelts in white ribbon. Lastly, I had toyed with the idea of going with white pearl paint in the recessed areas of the wheels….I painted one and just didn't like the fact that with chrome, there was so little contrast. The end result (to create more visual interest and pop) was the idea to use the same interior color on the wheels. Finally, the major outside change I made on this particular model is that I went with "Chromed" grill work all the way around. To do this, I applied bare metal foil in aluminum, and then buffed it to a nice shine. After that, a black wash was applied…allowed to dry and second light buffing to removed the wash from all the high points, resulting in the dimensional effect you see in the pics.
At any rate, I love how the model turned out…and parked together, the two pearls look spectacular!
Enjoy the pics!

A Few Build & WIP pictures

The Finished Product

·
Super Moderator
12,891 Posts
Love the Interior Jase!!!..Especially the seats!!
Good job on that roof, looks totally like it came that away!
Cheers!!

Also, the chrome grilles are very Miami Vice/Hollywood, totally fits this type of car!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the Interior Jase!!!..Especially the seats!!
Good job on that roof, looks totally like it came that away!
Cheers!!

Also, the chrome grilles are very Miami Vice/Hollywood, totally fits this type of car!!
hahaha thanks man! the shade of blue on the interior and wheels just really seems to go well with the pearl white. I spray painted the entire seats white...then hand painted the blue over the top ......seemed to work out better this way over doing a "wash" to get the white into the crevices; have found that while that often works great for darker colors....whites and other light shades are difficult to get consistent. I'm very happy with how it turned out. As for the grill work, the many iterations of the Veyron with chrome "mesh" grillwork was my inspiration. I really wanted the entire model to really contrast with the black coupe. I may do one more roadster to go with my Pegaso Homage coupe.....all solid in the Pearl burgundy color....but depends on whether I can find one my Chiron or not. I think I'll stop after that.....LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.