DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chiron #4 - "The Black Pearl"

Ok, well I may be a bit overboard here, but was chatting with David aka "D N'D-Land" about some builds, cars and other stuff; he shared pictures of an all-black Chiron with me recently and I simply could not stop staring at the pictures. At any rate, it turns out that Costcos in my area must have restocked their Maisto pallets and I scored a couple of Red/Black versions of the Chiron. To boot, I had a gift cert. back from my membership for $15.00 dollars, so I decided "why not one more project"...LOL Below are shots of the actual car and my "interpretation". I decided to go with Black Mica/Pearl paint though and I also altered the interior shade of blue to a True Blue as well. Lastly, I finally received my Bugatti P.E badges, so the model has been dressed up with them (back end, wheel center caps, and steering wheel). Inside, I went with the same paint technique as my other builds but this was far more intensive because I had to do the recessed areas in black first, then paint hand paint the blue patterned sections of the seat. I also went with black on the bolster parts of the seats as well, just because the blue is so vibrant. Finally, I went with a paler blue flocking for carpets and a set of fabric seatbelts in blue with P.E Seatbelt buckles.

The Inspiration

The Build

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey, someone loves Bugattis, heh? Anyway, for that price you had to get it and redo for sure, no doubt :) As for the finish, it looks very decent, it is too "dark" to me, but matches your inspiration for sure. I really like your mods, this one is no exception, congrats, another masterpiece!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, someone loves Bugattis, heh? Anyway, for that price you had to get it and redo for sure, no doubt :) As for the finish, it looks very decent, it is too "dark" to me, but matches your inspiration for sure. I really like your mods, this one is no exception, congrats, another masterpiece!
Thanks man.....Until I saw the pic D N'D-Land had shared with me, I would have said no way to an all black Chiron......However, I simply couldnt stop staring at the picture.....and as you said, being able to pick these Maistos up for sub $15.00, they keep me "thoroughly entertained". LOL

Anyhow, really glad you dig my builds and appreciate your compliments man!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Incredible work yet again!

I can't believe how fast you are churning these out.

Love the colour combo, especially the interior.

I would love to start doing full car resprays, could you give a tutorial for the painting process, what paint/equipment etc you use please?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.