DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all, I'm considering getting a Kyo RX7 from SCale18, and I'm wondering which colour I should pick? It says the silver is out of production on scale18, but the red doesn't have that tag...

So, help please?

Anyone who has the RX7 in either colour, are their paint inconsistencies on their car? Cause I know for a fact on the AUTOart orange 350Z, the bumper and body are practically different colours... :pullhair

G

·
I only had the 1st issue in silver . The paintwork was ok , but it lacked depth and wasnt very shiny at all .
Im not sure if the re release is any better .

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, Sir Gary!

I guess I'll pick up the silver then, since I like met. paint more than non-metallic...

And dang, that's a nice RX7, with the original rims... Too bad these are non-existent now :pullhair

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you know what? Looking at the (limited) photos of both colours, I think I'm going to take the red. It seems more aggressive in that colour... Thanks for all your help guys!

Now, it seems the Kyosho Fairlady ZL is on sale too! NICE!

The debate begins again, the Z-L or the 645 safety car? :pullhair

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Why, why do the gods tempt me with that yellow RX7? And the original release is the only that has yellow!!!! :pullhair

Mike, sell me that yellow RX7, NOW! :giggle

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Gary, get the red RX7 and the 645 safety car. I just love that car. If I was ever there in Canada, would have gone berserk when Scale18 announces its yearly sale. At 40$, the BMW is excellent value. Then you should consider getting the BMW some 2004 year MotoGP bikes. Whats a Safety car without a few racers around it?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I was considering the safety car, but then I didn't like the look of the car...

I know it's a very well-made model, but the Z-L is just more appealing to me :giggle

I might get the 645 safety car, if I don't end up getting a UT Mac or Kyo Supra :lol

BTW, any news yet on the your models?

G

·
I have the red RX-7. The paint is great with no inconsistencies, but like RichardM said, the model isn't that great. I'm an RX-7 nut though, so I don't really have a choice. Now that AUTOart is making the RX-8 and 787B, they really need to add the FD RX-7 to their line up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts