DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

This is my latest 1:18 arrival. Its a charming model and has alot of character, even though it is far from perfect. The suspension works, and makes the car feel very softly sprung like the 1:1.
However, there are several negative points. These are: attachment stubbs that are visable in front lights, panel fit is poor and the chrome looks really cheap. Its certainly no Kyosho.
The gold paint looks fantastic and as i'm such a huge fan of the 1:1 I'm prepared to overlook the problems especially as it was only 30 Euros too.

The rest of the pics are no larger than 80K.

Interior
Engine
Trunk/boot
Autoart style box

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Ooooh, I can't wait till they start selling then over here :tongue

Looks awesome, Jim! No Kyosho indeed but nothing to be ashamed about either :nicejob
The engine looks to be very well done.

Congrats on adding this one, I am jealous :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is an awesome model, especially for only EUR30! :cheers
I use to own a Citroen BX and just love the unique hydro-pneumatic suspension on them. The green spheres on this model's engine bay is very well done.
Congrats Jim

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Jim! :cheers

Looks quirky and pretty well made, except for the stubs, as you mentioned. Too bad i'm not familiar with the 1:1, as we never got any Citroens here...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on your Citroen, Jim! :happy

That's a very nice lil model! I really like how Norev made a nice effort of replicating the ever busy engine of this car. The interior and the trunk are great too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone

If you like the 1:1 SM then i highly recommend this model. Some of the details may be questionable, but the scale, colour and stance of the car is fantastic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Conrats Jim.........you do have a varied taste don't you.
i would never have put you and this car together.
it's a good looking model....the 1/1 was quite something too. :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Stevie - the SM is on my list of top 10 all time favourite 1:1s. I love the 'Frenchness' and elegance of the thing. Big Citroens have something about them I really like.

Thanks too Oron

·
Registered
345 Posts
Very nice addition Jim - I'll definately be adding one of these as soon as they are available here. And for the price, the minor shortcomings won't bother me one bit. For instance, I was looking at an AUTOart BMW 600 today. I'm sure it is very well done but for $77 it is hard to justify. I would much prefer to give up some detail in exchange for a price point closer to $40.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking model Jim! :cheers

Is there a switch to adjust the height of the suspension for this model?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congratulations Jim! One of the most interesting cars ever made. Finally! A company made it in 1:18 form! :happy

1 - 20 of 43 Posts