DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
352 Posts
NEWS AND UPDATES
Classic Carlectables is a wholly owned Australian company dedicated to the production of affordable and collectible Australian diecast scale model cars.

Classic Carlectables are unique in having their own in-house design and development department with qualified designers and engineers who are also diecast collectors themselves. Classic Carlectables are dedicated to producing the most highly detailed and authentic Australian model cars of the past and present era.

All items are produced in limited quantities with numbered certificates of authenticity.

2019 July - September Announcements

Classic Carlectables usually announce future releases on a quarterly basis. There are some interesting stuffs scheduled for Q4 2019 and Q1 2020.

I would have liked to add the JPS Mustang but must stick to my No-Racing-Car policy to keep the hobby sustainable.The UH Ute is a development I am closely following but may not add to the collection. The XA Falcon is sure to be a beauty in that color scheme but thankfully I already have the Phase IV sedan.

Only item for me here is the 1966 Mustang which I have placed an order.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
That JPS Mustang is a very intriguing model. Would be cool to have.

· Administrator
35,254 Posts
I know this is not news (so I'm going against the rules) I'd love a Holden Efijy re-boot from them. I've got one & it was a holy grail of mine for many years, but I'd like an updated version.

· Registered
477 Posts
I'd love an updated Efigy too, just so I can actually get one without mortgaging the house! I'm not sure who actually makes their models, but whoever it is does a pretty good job, especially of the older Australian road cars. The EH Holdens and the new Cortina MK1 for example are very well made models with proper bonnet hinges, soft-feel seats, some have working suspension, real metal trim, see-through photo-etch grilles etc...and fully opening diecast with proper engine details. We're fortunate in Australia that we have more than one company producing good quality models of many of the unique cars that have graced our roads.

· Registered
7,670 Posts
I'd love an updated Efigy too, just so I can actually get one without mortgaging the house! I'm not sure who actually makes their models, but whoever it is does a pretty good job, especially of the older Australian road cars. The EH Holdens and the new Cortina MK1 for example are very well made models with proper bonnet hinges, soft-feel seats, some have working suspension, real metal trim, see-through photo-etch grilles etc...and fully opening diecast with proper engine details. We're fortunate in Australia that we have more than one company producing good quality models of many of the unique cars that have graced our roads.
Is it possible the Cortina is a re-worked AUTOart?
I have an Alan Mann Lotus circuit racer and it's pretty good, considering they first appeared at least 15 years ago.

· Registered
477 Posts
Yes I like the Alan Mann versions, Autoart did a couple of Australian race Lotus Cortinas too, one for the Neptune Racing Team (Jim McKeown) and at least one of Allan Moffats cars. I don't think the GT500 is a rework of the Autoart version, the boot doesn't open on the Carlectables version (although looking at the casting it appears that it may have been designed to open originally), in the booklet that comes with the GT500 it says that two 1:1 cars were scanned in Australia to create the tooling (it even names the owners of the cars), so I think it's new. CC don't have a relationship with Autoart as far as I know, unlike Biante who get Autoart to produce many of their models. Happy to be corrected on this one of course. They can do a few different race versions of the GT and GT500, as well as road derivatives, and I don't see why they can't do a Lotus version as well.

· Registered
7,670 Posts
Yes I like the Alan Mann versions, Autoart did a couple of Australian race Lotus Cortinas too, one for the Neptune Racing Team (Jim McKeown) and at least one of Allan Moffats cars. I don't think the GT500 is a rework of the Autoart version, the boot doesn't open on the Carlectables version (although looking at the casting it appears that it may have been designed to open originally), in the booklet that comes with the GT500 it says that two 1:1 cars were scanned in Australia to create the tooling (it even names the owners of the cars), so I think it's new. CC don't have a relationship with Autoart as far as I know, unlike Biante who get Autoart to produce many of their models. Happy to be corrected on this one of course. They can do a few different race versions of the GT and GT500, as well as road derivatives, and I don't see why they can't do a Lotus version as well.
Hopefully we in Europe will see an official distributor appointed so that the shipping costs will be more reasonable.
I still can't understand why Australian model car manufacturers won't do this.

· Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Ohhh yeah!!! Vegemite Panel Van, that is coming home to me ! ! !

1 - 20 of 93 Posts