DiecastXchange Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

Premium Member
Same with me regarding the Camaro, secondhand prices are very high and it's probably the last chance to get one of them at RRP since this mold was last produced 9 years ago (not many other liveries can be produced, same with the Mustang) - maybe I just need to buy two and sell the one I like the least!
Yeah, I can't see them releasing it again as selling the 'Pole Position' version seems a bit of a stretch. Nevertheless, having a chance to grab it at MSRP can forgive a lot.

It's unfortunate they're releasing both at the same time. I'd definitely grab them both if they were spaced out, but after my recent expenditures I need to scale back. I will say that ZL-1 Camaro also looks tempting.

You could also buy both and sell something else to even out the purchase. 馃榿馃榿馃榿

Registered
[/QUOTE]

You could also buy both and sell something else to even out the purchase. 馃榿馃榿馃榿
[/QUOTE]
Yes possibly, although I've never sold anything before! I don't buy much and usually think it through first, so there's really nothing that I want to get rid of.

Premium Member
I agree the livery looks great! Were you able to confirm if the Bartlett Camaro is being sent to you?
Whoops, I completely forgot to relay the information back. Yes, they shipped! It looks like the KK system must get more automated for orders once they receive. Possibly due to the order amount they receive? Not sure, but it should be here in the next couple days from tracking!
:)

Registered
Whoops, I completely forgot to relay the information back. Yes, they shipped! It looks like the KK system must get more automated for orders once they receive. Possibly due to the order amount they receive? Not sure, but it should be here in the next couple days from tracking!
:)
Good stuff Turtle, hope it gets there safe and you're happy with it.

Registered
  • Haha
Reactions: samx5 and BK1

Registered
How do you like the model? Any issues you have found?
I've only taken it out briefly to take this pic, but first impressions are very positive. I'll go over it more closely later on. It's such a cool car and it's modelled very well. I've since looked at YT and there's quite a few videos of it in period, it raced at Bathurst for 4 years in a row including two pole positions, just either ran out of brakes (Kev Bartlett said that it didn't stop when you hit the brakes, rather it "eased up" - that is until they got decent disc brakes on the rear instead of drums......that's a bit of a story in itself) or had bad luck. There were some privateer Camaros running at the same time so I suppose they could produce those in the future.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Registered
It looks great! Mine arrived today as well. Now I am curious about how the paint holds up, but on the open wheel CC, the paint seems to be well applied.
View attachment 284553
Looks good! Hopefully the paint holds up, I've got a few models from CC and most are still fine, one V8 Supercar has some rash but it's a black car so it's not as noticeable (and it's from 2007). i have one of the open wheel models and it's still 100%. I wonder if the wheel covers come off? The gold Simmons race wheels look to be lurking underneath.

Registered
Not sure what rock I have been living under, but I鈥檝e got to get me one of these!

I've only taken it out briefly to take this pic, but first impressions are very positive. I'll go over it more closely later on. It's such a cool car and it's modelled very well. I've since looked at YT and there's quite a few videos of it in period, it raced at Bathurst for 4 years in a row including two pole positions, just either ran out of brakes (Kev Bartlett said that it didn't stop when you hit the brakes, rather it "eased up" - that is until they got decent disc brakes on the rear instead of drums......that's a bit of a story in itself) or had bad luck. There were some privateer Camaros running at the same time so I suppose they could produce those in the future.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.
It looks great! Mine arrived today as well. Now I am curious about how the paint holds up, but on the open wheel CC, the paint seems to be well applied.
View attachment 284553
Wow, as I was checking my collection room to see if I had space for this one, I found this.

CC Camaro by Jim Forte, on Flickr

Similar, but slightly different livery, seems I've had it for a while.

Anyone know the backstory about the difference between the two?

Thanks!

Reactions: samx5

Registered

I have had this happen once or twice!
As for the Camaros, Bartlett tried to win Bathurst with these cars for several years.

Premium Member
Wow, as I was checking my collection room to see if I had space for this one, I found this.
You know you have too many diecasts when this happens! 馃ぃ馃ぃ

That is definitely a nice find. 馃槂馃槂馃槂

CC released this 3 times now. The first 2 were from actual races while the recent release is the Bathurst pole position:

Gesture Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Pattern

I've tagged @samx5 as he knows a lot about Bartlett's Z28 history.

I have had this happen once or twice!
Sadly I've had the opposite happen where I was positive I had a certain diecast only to discover I didn't.

Attachments

Registered

CC Camaro by Jim Forte, on Flickr

Thanks!
Ha ha that's funny Jim, at least you didn't buy another one!! No sure which version you have there but there's only detail differences between the three releases, so it probably isn't worth picking up another one. I only bought one because the previous ones are too expensive on Ebay now.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts